13:37 21 April 2016
Here are details of current vacancies at Queens Park Rangers Football Club ...
Full-Time Academy Physiotherapist (U23’s)
Salary – Up to £28,000 per annum depending on qualifications & experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full-time Academy Physiotherapist (U23’s) to join the Academy’s Sport Science & Medicine Department at Queens Park Rangers.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Physiotherapy, the post holder will contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Academy through the delivery and development of individual rehabilitation and injury prevention.
As such, we are seeking a committed, enthusiastic individual with the desire to develop their experience within a professional team sports environment.
Key Duties include:
- To prepare, manage and oversee all medical care for the U23 squad, including pitch side cover and all off-the-field treatment and rehabilitation.
- Assess, treat, and rehabilitate any injuries / conditions U23 players and other Academy players may present with in line with the department philosophy; develop individual treatment and rehabilitation programmes for injured players.
- Follow the ‘one club’ philosophy of the medical department; involve first team medical staff in the management of U23 players and support First Team staff as required.
- Work closely with the Coaching Staff and Sports Science staff to ensure appropriate physical development / rehabilitation of U23 players; attend daily meetings to report / discuss current medical situation and player availability; attend case study meetings.
- Provide medical input on match day and all training sessions primarily but not exclusively for the U23 squad as required by the Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
- To be actively involved with the medical provision at injury clinics and fixtures / training sessions for the Schoolboy age groups (U9-U16), working a minimum of once per week as directed by the Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Current CSP/HPC membership.
- Up to date First Aid qualification.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- Postgraduate qualification within sport and exercise medicine or a related field of study.
- Up to date FA Level 5 ATMMiF qualification.
- Experience of planning and delivering treatment & rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- Previous experience of working with elite level youth athletes and treating sporting injuries.
- Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes.
As well as the relevant qualifications and experience the post holder must have excellent IT and communication skills.
If you are keen to be part of a forward thinking department within an ambitious Club then please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject title ‘Academy Physiotherapist (U23’s)’.
A copy of the full job description and person specification can be downloaded HERE
The closing date for receipt of CV’s is 5pm on Friday 12 May 2017.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check and must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club & QPR in the Community Trust is committed to Equality