Full-Time Academy Physiotherapist Vacancy
Salary – Up to £26,000 per annum depending on qualifications & experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full-time Academy Physiotherapist to join the Academy’s Sport Science & Medicine Department at Queens Park Rangers.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Physiotherapy, the post holder will contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Academy through the delivery and development of individual rehabilitation and injury prevention.
As such, we are seeking a committed, enthusiastic individual with the desire to develop their experience within a professional team sports environment.
Key Duties include:
- To assist in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all Academy players (U9-U21). Produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players you are responsible for.
- Organise, develop and implement a comprehensive movement screening assessment of all Academy players (U9-U21) (including trialists) based on the departmental philosophy.
- To assist in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of U9 – U23’s players as required by the department.
- Based upon the movement assessment findings, be responsible for the smooth running of the injury prevention programme on a day to day basis utilising the departments therapists and sport science staff when needed and based on the departmental philosophy. Includes daily pre-activation and prehab program organisation and implementation.
- To supervise, assist and educate the PT Physiotherapists/Interns to design and implement a movement and physio screening programme
- Based upon the movement & physiotherapy assessment findings, assist and educate the PT Physiotherapists/Interns to be responsible for the smooth running of the injury prevention programme based on the departmental philosophy. Includes pre-activation, prehab/rehab protocols
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (min 2:1)
- CSP/HPC Registered.
- Up to date AREA course qualification.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- MSc or working towards an MSc.
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist in a sporting environment.
- Up to date medical gases and defib certificate.
- Extensive manual therapy skills
- Extensive knowledge & experience in injury prevention & rehab using movement dysfunction analysis and retraining principles.
- Knowledge and experience of strength and conditioning requirements of the elite footballer.
If you are keen to be part of a forward thinking department within an ambitious Club then please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject title ‘Academy Physiotherapist’.
A copy of the full job description and person specification is available to download HERE
The closing date for receipt of CV’s is 5pm on Friday 9 December 2016.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check and must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club & QPR in the Community Trust is committed to Equality
Primary Stars Officer
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
Fixed Term until August 2017 (further 2 years subject to funding)
Reporting to the Schools Sport and Integration Manager, The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the delivery of QPR Primary Stars, part of the Premier League’s flagship schools programme. The main aims of the project are to:
- Enhance teachers’ knowledge, skills and confidence to improve provision of PE and School Sport
- Increase children’s enjoyment, participation and skills in competitive and non-competitive sports and other physical activities.
- Increase children’s understanding of the personal skills and values they need to achieve their goals
- Enhance children’s understanding of, and interest and confidence in, English and Maths
- Support young people to follow further participation in sport
As a Primary Stars Officer you will support and deliver a range of P.E & school sport activities within local primary schools. Taking a holistic approach to developing children you will work closely alongside school staff and QPR coaches to improve pupils knowledge & understanding of PSHE (yr 1), Numeracy, Literacy and Enterprise (from yr 2). You will be required to develop learning resources, deliver and evaluate interventions and contribute to the delivery of whole school activities such as PSHE themed assemblies and collapsed curriculum days. You will have a direct impact on enhancing young people’s lives through sport and education.
During school holiday periods you may be required to work across other Trust departments supporting a variety of projects.
- Deliver the P.E & school sport themed strands of the QPR Primary Stars programme. This is to include (not exhaustive):
- Engage and inspire participants (aged 5 - 11) in the programme.
- Develop and refine learning resources for P.E.
- Deliver extra curricular sports clubs
- Deliver P.E lessons
- Mentor school staff through a P.E unit of work.
- Classroom support for pupils 1:1 or in small groups.
- Support whole school collapsed curriculum days and assemblies.
- Complete monitoring & evaluation in line with PLCF and QPR policies
- Encourage young people’s enthusiasm and participation in football and physical activity, in particular their longer term participation in football.
- Liaise with a number of partners across a range of schools.
- You may be required to work QPR home match days, evening work, weekends and Bank holidays when instructed by the Trust CEO/Trust Manager.
The type of experience we are looking for:
- First Aid certificate
- UKCC level 2 coaching qualifications or equivalent
- 1st4sport/afPE Level 2 or 3 in supporting PE and school sport (or equivalent)
- Safeguarding Children certificate
- Drivers Licence
Along with the relevant experience the post holder must possess excellent communication, time management, organisational and administrative skills.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS).
Details of how to apply and a copy of the job description and person specification is available HERE
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR in the Community Trust are committed to Equality