- QPR in the Community Trust introducing Foundation Degree
- Range of coaching opportunities with Trust and Academy staff
- Two-year course teaches aspects of coaching and football development
ARE you passionate about community sport and a career in the football industry? If so, come and study with the Super Hoops!
- Gain a university level qualification whilst studying at QPR in the Community Trust
- Develop the necessary skills and qualities that are required to work within professional football club community departments or national governing bodies
- A unique opportunity to learn and develop within a professional sports environment
- Students will be enrolled as a student at the University of South Wales and have access to the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials
- Range of coaching opportunities with the Community Trust and Academy staff
- Lectures, seminars and tutorials delivered at Loftus Road Stadium via online material
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The two-year course will teach you aspects of football coaching and sports development
- Modules include: Principles of coaching, Community sport in practice, Community sports development
- FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football
- Experience of a range of football, sports, education and social inclusion programmes
- Volunteering at match days and events
- We will consider applications on an individual basis, however, typically you will need:
- Minimum DD at A-Level (with at least one A Level in Science, Maths, PE) or BTEC Merit Merit in a relevant subject.
- FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football (desirable)
- Three A*-C’s at GCSE, including English and maths
- Top up to a full BSc (Hons) degree in Sports Coaching or Sports Development
- Coaching opportunities in America (during summer break)
- Job opportunities at QPR in the Community Trust or QPR FC
- Tuition fees £8,000 per academic year (covered by student finance)
- £180 approximately for sports kit
For further information or to express your interest please contact Jesse Foyle, Education Manager at QPR in the Community Trust, by emailing JesseF@qpr.co.uk
or calling Jesse on 020 8740 2529 / 07557 435668.
See also ...