QPR in the Community Trust (QPRCT) is committed to respecting any data you share with us, keeping it safe and only using it in ways that are legitimate when you use our website and/or other services.
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to maintaining your privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016-679 (GDPR). We will always be transparent about how we are processing your data and will only share it with other organisations if you have given us permission to do so and where we have legitimate cause to.
QPRCT’s websites and services include:
- The official QPR FC website - www.qpr.co.uk
- The section for the Community Trust (via the QPR website) - www.qpr.co.uk/community
- QPRCT’s soccer schools online sales site at www.qprsoccerschools.co.uk
- The official QPRCT’S social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
How to contact us
Where we collect information about you
QPRCT will collect information about you in a number of ways including when you:
- Access one of our services or projects
- Book a holiday course
- Attend an event or take part in an activity
- Make a donation
- Enter a competition or prize draw
- Give consent to receive our newsletter or other marketing information
- Give consent for use of your image
- Respond to a job advertisement
- Make an enquiry
How we use your personal data
We collect personal data about people who use our services, support us or come into contact with us in another way. This is so that we can:
- enter into and/or perform our contract with you
- take your registration or payment details
- provide you with a service e.g. holiday courses
- ensure you don’t have to keep providing us with basic details when you interact with us again
- contact you for administrative purposes
- keep you up to date with our work (if you would like us to)
- monitor our work
- tell stories to help us promote our work (with your permission)
- send you information about how to get involved and support our work, through volunteering and fundraising
- claim Gift Aid
- look into and respond to complaints
We may use the information you give us to create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
We may collect personal data (including special categories of data where appropriate and with your consent) which includes the following:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
Depending on what service, event or activity you are accessing, we may also collect information about:
- Your health
- Any special educational needs or disability you tell us about
- Bank or payment details
- Your Gift Aid status
- Previous donations made
- Courses and events booked and attended
How we keep your data safe and who has access to it
QPRCT will only collect and store the personal data that we need, and store it in line with legislation and QPRCT’s data retention policy.
All personal data that we collect will be stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of personal data, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic (password protected systems) and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your data.
Only relevant staff will have access to this data.
All staff and data processors who have access to your data will regularly undertake data protection training and follow QPRCT’s data protection policy and procedures.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, QPRCT cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
How long do we keep your information
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes it is collected, as set out in this notice and for any longer period necessary for it to comply with statutory retention obligations and /or for the purposes of defending or making legal claims.
- Financial transactions with you for six years in order to comply with its obligations to maintain adequate accounting records
- Contracts with you for six years so that it has appropriate evidence in place if there is a claim for breach of contract made within the statutory limitation periods.
- Job applications and CVs for up to six months, unless you have consented to your details held on file in case other suitable opportunities arise.
- Your account information until you close or delete your account/profile (at which point we would also delete any information from other companies or market research which we have appended to your account/profile).
Sharing your information
We will only share your personal information with partners (such as QPR FC) if you give us permission to do so.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your personal data on request, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit that personal data to another data controller.
- Require QPRCT to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- Require QPRCT without undue delay, to erase your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if QPRCT processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances rather than having it erased.
- Object to the processing of personal data, in certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your data where QPRCT is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- Ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes
If you would like information about the data we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
If you believe that QPRCT has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
QPRCT treats your contact with us as confidential unless there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass this information onto a third party such as the emergency services or our safeguarding officer.
Under 18’s and vulnerable adults
We are keen to ensure that when we interact with children, young people and vulnerable adults we do so responsibly.
If you are under 18 or a vulnerable adult, we must have your parent’s or guardian’s permission to provide any personal data to us, and we may require them to provide certain data on your behalf.
QPRCT reserves the right to take reasonable measures in order to verify the existence /or validity of parental consent.
Keeping your information up to date
We’re keen to keep in touch with all our service users and supporters. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to update your contact details.
Changes to this Policy
If you would like to see QPRCT’s Data Protection Policy you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the above address.