icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Boreham Wood vs QPR at Meadow Park


  • 2 Boreham Wood

    • Kabongo Tshimanga
    • Sorba Thomas
  • 1 QPR

    • Ebere Eze (pen)


  • Friendly logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups


EBERE Eze’s seventh-minute penalty couldn’t prevent QPR from falling to a 2-1 pre-season friendly defeat at Boreham Wood.

The R’s playmaker struck after Bright Osayi-Samuel was brought down inside the box.

However, it was the home side who took victory – Kabongo Tshimanga (11 minutes) and Sorba Thomas (49) on target with the Boreham Wood goals in reply.

QPR lined up in a 4-2-3-1 formation from the start: Liam Kelly; Angel Rangel, Grant Hall, Yoann Barbet, Ryan Manning; Dominic Ball, Luke Amos; Eze, Ilias Chair, Osayi-Samuel; Aramide Oteh.

Rangers threatened early on at Meadow Park.

Eze went close inside the first five minutes – but wouldn’t pass on his next opportunity from the penalty spot.

Osayi-Samuel raced clear of the home defence, before a cynical challenge brought the R’s winger to ground inside the 18-yard box.

Eze subsequently stepped up to confidently slide home on seven minutes.

However, Rangers’ lead lasted only four minutes.

Although probably given a bit too much space in the first place, Tshimanga still produced a fine finish to beat Kelly from 20 yards.

After that, Osayi-Samuel came close to scoring for the R’s, his low effort on the angle well saved by Boreham Wood’s trialist goalkeeper, before opportunities dried up somewhat.

As half-time approached, Piero Mingoia went close with a shot following a home set-piece, then Oteh and Eze threatened with efforts at the other end.

Boreham Wood added their second – and the goal of the game yet – after the half-time interval.

Thomas finished in style, catching fellow sub Joe Lumley off his goal-line with a perfectly-executed lob from 16 yards.

Lumley and Darnell Furlong were introduced at the break – and Niko Hamalainen, Charlie Owens, Josh Scowen, Olamide Shodipo, Toni Leistner and Conor Masterson all came on in the second half, too.

As QPR searched for an equaliser, it was two subs who combined to almost bring the visitors level on 72 minutes.

Shodipo cut the ball back from the left, but a waiting Scowen could only fire marginally wide from 10 yards.

Then, in the 81st minute, Scowen’s corner was glanced off-target by Leistner.

Despite some late pressure, Rangers couldn’t ultimately find a second goal – going down 2-1 in the end ahead of Saturday’s next friendly fixture at Oxford United.

QPR: Kelly (Lumley 46), Rangel (Furlong 46), Hall (Leistner 70), Barbet (Masterson 70), Manning (Hamalainen 60), Ball, Amos (Owens 60), Eze (Shodipo 60), Chair (Scowen 60), Osayi-Samuel, Oteh.