icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Luton Town vs Queens Park Rangers at Kenilworth Road


  • 1 Luton Town

    • 20'‘ James Collins (Pen)
  • 1 Queens Park Rangers

    • 65'‘ Dominic Ball


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Ball finishes off Oysai-Samuel's cutback for the leveller
  • Collins opens the scoring from the spot
Hide Line-ups
  • 12 GK Sluga
  • 26 D Bree
  • 3 D Dan Potts
  • 17 D Mpanzu
  • 18 D Carter-Vickers
  • 5 D Bradley
  • 11 M Shinnie (0‘)
  • 8 M Berry
  • 14 M Cornick (0‘)
  • 19 FWD Collins (0‘)
  • 10 FWD Lee (0‘)
  • 1 GK Lumley
  • 22 D Rangel (0‘)
  • 14 M Manning
  • 5 M Cameron
  • 24 D Kakay
  • 29 D Barbet
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 12 D Ball
  • 19 M Chair
  • 20 M Bright Samuel (0‘)
  • 10 M Eze


  • 7 M McManaman
  • 25 LuaLua (0‘)
  • 4 M Tunnicliffe
  • 9 FWD Hylton (0‘)
  • 29 M Butterfield
  • 2 D Cranie (0‘)
  • 20 M Moncur (0‘)
  • 30 D Kioso
  • 36 GK Shea
  • 47 M Clarke
  • 23 D Masterson (0‘)
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 17 M Shodipo (0‘)
  • 2 D Kane
  • 40 Gubbins
  • 3 D Wallace
  • 26 Bettache
  • 18 FWD Oteh (0‘)
Steve Martin

DOM Ball’s first-ever goal for the club saw QPR come from behind to earn a share of the spoils against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road.

Fighting hard against relegation, Nathan Jones' Hatters took the lead from the penalty spot through James Collins on 20 minutes, after Ryan Manning was adjudged to have felled James Bree.

But Rangers improved after half-time and restored parity through Ball in the 65th minute, following great work by Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Following Saturday’s disappointing 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday, R’s boss Mark Warburton made two changes to his starting XI for the trip to Luton.

Angel Rangel and Ilias Chair came in for Rangers, with Conor Masterson and Olamide Shodipo dropping down to the bench.

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, QPR lined up as: Joe Lumley; Rangel, Osman Kakay, Yoann Barbet, Manning; Ball, Geoff Cameron; Osayi-Samuel, Luke Amos, Ebere Eze; Chair.

When the game got underway, the first real incident of note was an injury to Rangel after he fell awkwardly. The Spaniard was forced off after only 11 minutes, and Masterson deputised.

Chances didn’t exactly flow early on, and the first real opportunity of the contest was presented to Luton after they won a 19th-minute penalty for Manning’s challenge on Bree.

Collins subsequently stepped up to slide the Hatters into the lead from 12 yards.

One-nil should have been two come the 22nd minute.

With their tails up, the hosts worked the ball to Collins on the right-hand byline and, when we squared the ball across goal, Elliot Lee – albeit on the stretch – could only slide wide of the far post at close range.

Rangers’ first real chance arrived just short of the half-hour mark. Eze’s pinpoint pass found Osayi-Samuel in the box, whose subsequent effort forced a brave block.

Moments later, Kakay’s right-wing cross picked out Amos on six yards, but he couldn’t quite make full contact with the ball.

The first half had a frantic feel to it as time wore on.

In the 33rd minute, Kakay’s centre eventually landed into the path of Eze, whose low effort deflected wide.

Then, three minutes later, Chair’s distance drive was gathered at the second attempt by Simon Sluga.

There would be no further goalscoring action before the break, though Luton did threaten a second on the stroke of half-time when Lee fired straight at Lumley from 12 yards.

The hosts did have the ball in the net again in the 47th minute, only for the referee’s whistle to come to Rangers’ rescue. Dan Potts headed home from a corner, but was penalised for a push on his marker.

QPR enjoyed more time in possession after that.

In the 58th minute, Barbet’s header – from a Manning free-kick – forced a smart reaction stop from Sluga. Three minutes later, meanwhile, Eze’s 20-yard shot flew past the upright, after Osayi-Samuel drove at the home defence.

Rangers were finally on terms in the 65th minute.

Eze put Osayi-Samuel in the clear down the left and, when he displayed blistering pace to drive at the byline before pulling the ball back, Ball arrived in the box to stroke home from 10 yards.

Bright’s switch to the left-hand side for the second half caused Luton problems – exemplified by his involvement in QPR’s leveller.

At the other end, the hosts threatened a second goal once more in the 71st minute, as Harry Cornick’s box blast - following a corner - was blocked by a crowd of R’s bodies.

Rangers were the team in the ascendancy heading into the last quarter-hour, and threw on Aramide Oteh and Shodipo, for Amos and Osayi-Samuel, nine minutes from time.

It was Luton who so nearly snatched all three points in the 90th minute, though, with Lumley’s stunning save denying Potts from eight yards and ensuring the R’s left with a point.