icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Nottingham Forest vs QPR at The City Ground


  • 0 Nottingham Forest

  • 0 QPR


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups
  • 30 GK Samba
  • 11 D Cash
  • 2 D Yuri Ribeiro
  • 28 M Tiago Silva (0‘)
  • 3 D Tobias Figueiredo
  • 4 D Worrall
  • 19 FWD Ameobi (0‘)
  • 8 M Watson
  • 7 FWD Grabban
  • 23 M Lolley
  • 14 M Diakhaby (0‘)
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 22 D Rangel
  • 14 M Manning
  • 5 M Cameron
  • 4 D Hall
  • 29 D Barbet
  • 20 M Bright Samuel
  • 12 Ball
  • 9 FWD Hugill
  • 10 M Eze (0‘)
  • 7 M Pugh (0‘)


  • 20 D Dawson
  • 16 D Jenkinson
  • 10 M João Carvalho (0‘)
  • 34 FWD Walker
  • 22 M Yates (0‘)
  • 49 GK Muric
  • 48 M Mighten (0‘)
  • 2 D Kane
  • 23 D Masterson
  • 1 GK Lumley
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 18 FWD Oteh
  • 19 M Chair (0‘)
  • 47 M Clarke
Robert Jones

QPR fought hard to ensure a share of the spoils were taken back to west London.

After a tough first half, Rangers grew into the game against Nottingham Forest and were much improved after the interval.

It was the hosts who came closest to breaking the deadlock – indeed they thought they had done so mid-way through the first half when Joe Worrall headed home from a corner but the hosts celebrations were cut short when the referee ordered the set piece to be retaken.

Rangers managed to get in behind the Forest defence on a couple of occasions but didn’t really test Brice Samba, but it was a committed and hard-working display from the visitors which was greatly appreciated by the impressive travelling 1,400 R’s fans.

Mark Warburton stuck with the same XI for the third consecutive match, rewarding the players who had picked up four points from fixtures with Swansea (0-0) and Stoke (4-2).

It meant Liam Kelly lined up between the posts behind a back four of, from left to right, Ryan Manning, Yoann Barbet, Grant Hall and Angel Rangel.

Geoff Cameron and Dominic Ball continued to sit in front of the back four while Marc Pugh, Ebere Eze and Ilias Chair operated just behind lone striker Jordan Hugill.

Hosts Nottingham Forest were aiming to get their hunt for an automatic promotion spot back on track after one win from their last four fixtures.

Sabri Lamouchi’s men went into this game just four points behind second-placed Leeds United.

In the opening exchanges, Lewis Grabban thought he had got in behind the R’s defence in the fourth minute but the assistant referee’s flag was up. Kelly took no chances and was off his line early to thwart the danger.

But on 12 minutes the R’s stopper could do nothing to stop Joe Worrall’s header from looping into the back of the net following a corner. Forest players and supporters celebrated and the PA announced the goalscorer, but the effort was ruled out as the ball was moving at the time of the corner kick!

Forest didn’t let up and moment later Sammy Ameobi hit a vicious drive which Kelly brilliantly tipped over the bar.

It was an early let off for the R’s but Forest had certainly found their rhythm.

Grabban was next to go close, but his effort from 18 yards went over the bar on 17 minutes.

Two minutes later, the dangerous Joe Lolley cut in from the right before firing a shot wide. It was certainly testing times for the R’s.

In the 32nd minute Rangers created their first real opening, and what a chance it was. Hugill found Eze on the edge of the Forest box, and the R’s No.10 cut inside Worrall before sliding the ball wide to Pugh. Pugh fired the ball across the six-yard box but it fell via a deflection into the grateful hands of stopper Brice Samba.

Eze, Pugh and Hugill all put their heads in their hands in recognition of a good chance gone begging.

Moments later Barbet tried his luck with a free-kick from distance. It was well executed but Samba gathered comfortably.

After the break, Rangers began brightly and Manning worked Samba from a tight angle on the left after a neat ball by Pugh, while Grabban headed just wide for the hosts moments later.

Osayi-Samuel won a free-kick after a typical charge down the field from him. From the resultant set-piece, Eze went close but found the side netting with his low curler.

Rangers certainly seemed stronger after the break and in the 68th minute Pugh went close when Osayi-Samuel pulled the ball back for him, but the Forest rearguard were able to hack clear.

Moments later Rangel and Ball had to combine to make a double goal-line clearance after Grabban squared across the face of goal beyond Kelly.

It was frantic stuff as the game moved into the closing 20 minutes and Warburton soon made his first change, bringing on Ilias Char for the hard-working and effective Pugh.

Neither side seemed interested in taking a share of the spoils as both looked to commit bodies forward. It made for end-to-end football, but without either keeper being forced into too much.

Luke Amos was introduced to the fray for the final five minutes at the expense of Eze.

Barbet saw another free-kick test Samba while Lolley headed wide deep in injury time but in the end it finished all even at the City Ground. A great away point for QPR and back-to-back clean sheets on the road.