icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Queens Park Rangers vs Wigan Athletic at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 3 Queens Park Rangers

    • 48'‘ Nahki Wells
    • 61'‘ Eberechi Eze
    • 81'‘ Jordan Hugill
  • 1 Wigan Athletic

    • 2'‘ Cedric Kipre


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Lumley
  • 22 D Rangel
  • 14 M Manning
  • 12 D Ball (0‘)
  • 4 D Hall
  • 29 D Barbet
  • 10 M Eze
  • 11 M Scowen (0‘)
  • 21 FWD Wells
  • 19 M Chair
  • 7 M Pugh (0‘)
  • 1 GK Marshall
  • 2 D Byrne
  • 3 D Robinson
  • 6 D Fox
  • 22 D Dunkley
  • 21 D Kipre (0‘)
  • 8 M Evans
  • 5 M Sam Morsy
  • 14 FWD Garner
  • 9 FWD Lowe (0‘)
  • 17 M Jacobs (0‘)


  • 6 M Smith (0‘)
  • 30 D Owens
  • 9 FWD Hugill (0‘)
  • 20 M Bright Samuel
  • 2 D Kane
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 37 D Leistner (0‘)
  • 16 D Mulgrew
  • 23 GK Jones
  • 4 M MacLeod
  • 18 M Roberts
  • 33 M Naismith (0‘)
  • 24 FWD Lang (0‘)
  • 11 M Massey (0‘)
Matt Donohue

QPR have come from behind to pick up their first home win of the Championship season with a 3-1 win over Wigan Athletic at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Wigan took the lead after just two minutes through Cedric Kipre though Rangers equalised early in the second period through Nahki Wells.

Ebere Eze’s free-kick just after the hour mark put the R’s ahead before Jordan Hugill’s 81st minute effort sealed what was a much deserved three points for the Superhoops.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton made six changes to the starting XI following Wednesday’s 3-1 defeat to Swansea.

Nahki Wells and Ilias Chair both came into the line-up to spearhead the attack as they did in the Carabao Cup victory over Bristol City, while Dominic Ball and Josh Scowen were named as the centre midfield pairing.

Marc Pugh earned himself his first start for the R’s and Angel Rangel also took his place at right-back having been left out of the squad against the Swans.

Rangers, in a 4-4-2 formation of sorts, line up as: Joe Lumley; Angel Rangel, Grant Hall (captain), Yoann Barbet, Ryan Manning; Marc Pugh, Dominic Ball, Josh Scowen, Ebere Eze; Nahki Wells, Illias Chair.

On a warm August afternoon, Wigan got off to the best possible start when they opened the scoring inside the first two minutes.

Daniel Fox’s corner bounced through a sea of bodies in the six-yard box to Kipre who was able to hammer into the net to give the away side the lead.  

Rangers looked to get themselves back on level terms after 10 minutes when Pugh’s cross from the left found the head of Chair but the latter’s effort trickled the wrong side of the post.

Minutes later Pugh was again the provider, teeing up Wells with a cut-back but the striker scuffed his shot across the face of goal.

Wigan responded with a chance of their own after 17 minutes when Michael Jacobs broke down the left-hand side of the box but his shot from a tight angle rebounded off the post.

In a high-paced opening period, Eze, Wells and Chair all would try their luck on goal but their efforts failed to trouble David Marshall in goal.  

Rangers poured forward in the closing stages of the half in search of an equaliser but Wigan held firm to hold their lead heading into the break.

Mark Warburton made a change at half time, bringing on Toni Leistner for Josh Scowen and reverting to a more attacking 3-5-2 formation.

The move paid dividends almost immediately as Rangers drew level on 48 minutes.

Manning’s deep cross caused confusion in the Wigan box and following a deflected cut-back from Rangel, Wells was able to stroke the ball into the bottom corner in front of the Loft.

The goal injected life into the R’s and it wouldn’t be long before they found themselves ahead after 61 minutes via Eze.

Rangers received a free-kick right on the edge of the area after Chair was brought down and up stepped Eze, the number 10’s low strike beating the edge of the wall and the outstretched arms of Marshall.

QPR were very much in the ascendancy and nearly had a third through Wells but his powerful drive flashed just wide of the goal.

Substitute Jordan Hugill had an absolutely glorious chance to add his name to the scoresheet on 70 minutes when Wells pulled the ball across goal after a nice team move but Hugill somehow lifted the ball over the crossbar from two yards out.

Hugill however made amends 10 minutes later, latching onto the end of Eze’s clever ball in behind the defence and sending a lovely curling effort into the far corner for QPR’s third of the day.

Wigan went searching for a way back into the match but Rangers held them at bay comfortably to notch up their first Championship win at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.


Highlights: QPR 3, Wigan Athletic 1

WATCH highlights from QPR's 3-1 win over Wigan Athletic at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Saturday afternoon.