icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Blackburn Rovers vs Queens Park Rangers at Ewood Park

Tom Carroll keeps the ball from Bradley Johnson

  • 3 Blackburn Rovers

    • 50'‘ Ben Brereton
    • 73'‘ Adam Armstrong
    • 90'+6'‘ Adam Armstrong
  • 1 Queens Park Rangers

    • 61'‘ Lyndon Dykes (Pen)


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Deep in injury time, Armstrong nets a third to seal the points for Rovers.
  • Adam Armstrong restored the hosts' lead with 18 minutes to go.
  • Lyndon Dykes levelled from the spot.
  • Ben Brereton gave Rovers the lead with a close-range volley.
  • Seny Dieng pulled off a number of great saves to keep the game level at the break.
Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Kaminski
  • 2 D Nyambe
  • 24 Rankin-Costello
  • 4 M Johnson
  • 26 D Lenihan
  • 28 D Wharton
  • 29 D Corry Evans (0‘)
  • 8 M Rothwell
  • 7 FWD Armstrong
  • 16 M Elliott (0‘)
  • 20 FWD Brereton (0‘)
  • 13 GK Dieng
  • 2 D Kane
  • 25 D Hämäläinen
  • 20 M Cameron
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 37 M Adomah (0‘)
  • 12 D Ball (0‘)
  • 9 FWD Dykes (0‘)
  • 22 M Carroll
  • 10 M Chair


  • 19 D Trybull
  • 9 FWD Gallagher (0‘)
  • 18 D Davenport
  • 36 D Grayson
  • 21 Buckley (0‘)
  • 39 M Dolan (0‘)
  • 45 GK Eastham
  • 3 D Wallace
  • 23 D Masterson
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 7 FWD Bonne (0‘)
  • 24 D Kakay (0‘)
  • 26 Bettache
Tim Robinson

QPR were unable to make it three wins out of three as they lost 2-1 at Ewood Park.

After victories over Cardiff City and Derby County, the R’s were hoping to add more points to the board ahead of the international break.

But after QPR cancelled out Ben Brereton’s second-half opener through a Lyndon Dykes penalty, a double from Adam Armstrong ensured all three points would be staying in Lancashire.

Mark Warburton made one change from the side that beat Derby on Wednesday night, with Dominic Ball coming in for Bright Osayi-Samuel. The former Blackpool forward was forced off at Pride Park and wasn’t fit for this trip to Ewood Park.

Seny Dieng continued between the sticks behind a back four of Niko Hamalainen, Yoann Barbet, Rob Dickie and Todd Kane.

Ball joined Geoff Cameron in front of that defensive unit, while Tom Caroll was pushed into a more advanced role alongside Albert Adomah and Ilias Chair.

Lyndon Dykes led the line in attack.

The hosts were aiming to get back on track after a good start to the campaign had given way to a run of just one win in seven games.

Big victories over Wycombe (5-0), Derby (4-0) and Coventry (4-0) underlined the attacking potential of Tony Mowbray’s team but as the game kicked off, it was Chair who had the first opportunity early on, but his shot lacked power and was comfortably gathered by Thomas Kaminski in the Rovers goal.

Blackburn enjoyed good early possession without creating any real chances to trouble Dieng, but that soon changed.

Adomah almost found Dykes in the box with a great delivery from the right while Darragh Lenihan headed narrowly over from a Rovers set piece midway through the half, although the R’s held their line well and the effort would have been ruled out.

On the half hour, Blackburn moved up a gear and the R’s were hugely grateful to Dieng who pulled off a stunning save low to his left to deny Scott Wharton.

The Rovers defender headed downwards from 12 yards and looked to have given the hosts the lead, but the R’s stopper had other ideas and brilliantly tipped the ball wide of the post.

Barely 60 seconds later, and Adam Armstrong was next to test Dieng, but again the 6’4” keeper was equal to it, diving low to his left to make another good stop.

It was a testing time for Rangers and they had to hold firm as Mowbray’s men grew in confidence.

On 35 minutes it was Armstrong who was once again left frustrated by Dieng, this time the R’s keeper saving at the near post.

The warning signs were certainly there - Dickie was brilliantly out to block a fierce drive from Armstrong just before half-time while Bradley Johnson’s low effort was also well gathered.

Rangers will have gone in at the break grateful to be level and looking to impose themselves on the game more in the second half.

Warburton was clearly keen to see a different 45 minutes after the interval, and made two changes, brining on Ossie Kakay and Chris Willock for Ball and Adomah.

Kakay moved into right back with Kane pushed into an advanced position on the same flank – and the switch almost brought an immediate result.

Chair got in space down the left and put in a great centre across the six yard box for the onrushing Kane who slammed the ball past Kaminski but it cannoned off the foot of the upright.

But in the 50th minute the hosts broke the deadlock when a corner from the right was worked to the edge of the box and headed across the six-yard area for Ben Brereton to volley beyond Dieng.

Rangers almost made a very quick response with an excellently worked corner routine of their own.

Chair brilliantly picked out the run of Barbet around the back but the Frenchman’s fierce goalward drive ricocheted wide.

He couldn’t have hit it any better and Rovers stopper Kaminski would certainly have been relieved to see it blocked before it reached him.

On 59 minutes, the R’s were given a great chance to draw level when they were awarded a penalty for a handball in the box following another Chair corner.

After a lengthy delay, Dykes stepped up and hammered the ball home. Unlike his previous two spotkicks, the Scotland international showed an emotional celebration, that effort clearly meaning a lot to him.

Having conceded five penalties in a four-game spell recently, it certainly felt better to be on the receiving end of the award.

Buoyed by their equaliser, Rangers were now on top and Willock almost opened his account with a stunning effort from 25 yards which was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Kaminski.

But the hosts certainly hadn’t given up and were always a threat, and that threat showed once again in the shape of Armstrong in the 73rd minute when he was able to race in behind the R’s backline and slide the ball beyond Dieng to restore Rovers’ lead.

The game was certainly on open affair and the R’s looked dangerous when they got forward, with Willock making a real impact following his half-time introduction.

The former Benfica man again went close with ten minutes remaining, this time his effort from the edge of the box going just past the far post.

Macauley Bonne was introduced for Dykes to add some fresh legs in the closing stages and the Zimbabwe international worked tirelessly but Blackburn were able to enjoy periods of possession and run the clock down.

And deep in injury time, Armstrong broke away to get his second and Blackburn’s third of the afternoon.

In the end, the R’s were unable to extend the winning streak to three matches and will now head into the international break for a much-needed gap in the calendar before the next flurry of matches is upon us.