icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Queens Park Rangers vs Birmingham City at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium

Osman Kakay and Albert Adomah close down Pedersen

  • 0 Queens Park Rangers

  • 0 Birmingham City


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups
  • 13 GK Dieng
  • 24 D Kakay
  • 3 D Wallace (0‘)
  • 20 M Cameron
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 37 M Adomah (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair
  • 9 FWD Dykes (0‘)
  • 7 FWD Bonne
  • 11 M Bright Samuel
  • 30 GK Etheridge
  • 2 D Colin
  • 3 D Pedersen
  • 5 D Friend
  • 12 D Dean
  • 4 D Roberts
  • 20 M Gardner
  • 19 D San José
  • 9 FWD Hogan (0‘)
  • 14 M Leko (0‘)
  • 34 D Sunjic


  • 2 D Kane
  • 23 D Masterson
  • 12 D Ball (0‘)
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 25 D Hämäläinen (0‘)
  • 26 Bettache
  • 10 FWD Jutkiewicz (0‘)
  • 6 M Kieftenbeld
  • 17 M Iván Sánchez (0‘)
  • 1 GK Prieto
  • 11 M Jérémie Bela
  • 25 D Dacres-Cogley
  • 44 FWD Boyd-Munce
Simon Hooper

RANGERS and Birmingham City shared the points in a goalless affair at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Aitor Karanka’s Birmingham side created the better chances in what was a largely-unspectacular W12 contest.

QPR went closest to finding a winning goal, though, with Harlee Dean heading off the goal-line from Bright Osayi-Samuel in the second half.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton made two changes to the team beaten 2-0 at home by Preston North End on Wednesday evening.

Lyndon Dykes returned from injury, while there was a first start for recent recruit Albert Adomah. Dom Ball dropped down to the bench, and Tom Carroll was missing from QPR’s 18-man squad altogether. 

The hosts lined up as: Seny Dieng; Osman Kakay, Rob Dickie, Yoann Barbet, Lee Wallace; Geoff Cameron; Adomah, Ilias Chair, Osayi-Samuel; Dykes, Macauley Bonne.

The first half made for an untidy spectacle.

Birmingham went close as early as the second minute when Gary Gardiner met Maxime Colin’s right-wing centre before shooting marginally over.

Rangers first threatened in the 13th minute, with Cameron eventually latching onto Adomah’s ball in before seeing his edge-of-the-box blast snuffed out by the visiting rearguard.

The opening period was really one of little incident, though the R’s had Barbet to thank for a crucial block which kept out Jonathan Leko’s close-range effort.

QPR were forced into a first change on the half-hour mark – Wallace making way for Niko Hamalainen after picking up an earlier knock.

Seven minutes before half-time, meanwhile, the offside flag came to Rangers’ rescue when Scott Hogan tucked home from point-blank range.

Osayi-Samuel threatened for the R’s in the 41st minute but, after cutting past two men from the left, his 20-yard shot did little to trouble Neil Etheridge in Blues’ goal.

Into the second half and, much like the first period, Gardner went close on 48 minutes when his volleyed effort only just evaded the foot of the left-hand post.

Chances flowed after that.

In the 52nd minute, Birmingham’s Dean headed off the line from Osayi-Samuel, whose bullet box effort looked in all the way after being teed up by Chair.

Then, from the resultant corner, Dykes’ downward header was deflected onto the crossbar and over.

In the 55th minute, the visitors also went close once more – Hogan’s prodded close-range attempt forcing a fine reaction save from Dieng.

Birmingham had further opportunities on the hour. First, Ivan Sunjic’s range effort forced a flying Dieng save. Then, moments later, Mikel San Jose’s 18-yard thunderbolt forced a brave block by Cameron.

Rangers used their final two substitutions in the 68th minute. Dykes and Adomah made way for Ball and Chris Willock.

Six minutes later, though, Birmingham so nearly took the lead. Lukas Jutkiewicz’s teasing cross from the right was met by Kristian Pedersen at the back post who, on the stretch, shot inches over.

Moments later, at the other end, Ball’s dipping distance attempt only just dropped over the bar.

As the clock ticked down, Rangers pressed for what proved to be an elusive winner.

Chair twice went close in the final six minutes, Osayi-Samuel once, but this game would finish without a goal.