icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Queens Park Rangers vs Bristol City at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium

The opener! Rob Dickie powers home his first R's goal!

  • 1 Queens Park Rangers

    • 12'‘ Robert Dickie
  • 2 Bristol City

    • 40'‘ Nahki Wells
    • 50'‘ Ádám Nagy


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups
  • 13 GK Dieng
  • 24 D Kakay
  • 3 D Wallace (0‘)
  • 22 M Carroll
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 11 M Bright Samuel
  • 12 D Ball (0‘)
  • 9 FWD Dykes (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 1 GK Bentley
  • 19 D Mariappa
  • 3 D Dasilva (0‘)
  • 29 M Brunt
  • 26 D Vyner
  • 22 D Kalas
  • 4 M Nagy
  • 11 M O'Dowda
  • 7 FWD Martin (0‘)
  • 18 FWD Semenyo (0‘)
  • 21 FWD Wells (0‘)


  • 37 M Adomah (0‘)
  • 23 D Masterson
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 7 FWD Bonne (0‘)
  • 19 M Thomas
  • 25 D Hämäläinen (0‘)
  • 26 Bettache
  • 29 FWD Kelman (0‘)
  • 39 De Silva
  • 25 M Rowe (0‘)
  • 2 D Hunt
  • 9 FWD Diédhiou (0‘)
  • 12 GK O'Leary
  • 23 D Moore (0‘)
  • 30 M Bakinson (0‘)
  • 27 M Edwards
  • 42 D Massengo
  • 34 M Towler
James Linington

RANGERS were unable to take advantage of a dominant first-half performance – undone as Bristol City came from behind to take a 2-1 Sky Bet Championship victory in W12.

After Rob Dickie’s first QPR goal gave the R’s a 12th-minute lead, the R’s were left to rue spurning a whole host of opportunities before half-time.

Ex-Hoops loanee Nahki Wells subsequently levelled matters in the 40th minute, and the comeback was complete five minutes into the second half.

Adam Nagy’s 50th-minute effort decided matters at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

QPR boss Mark Warburton made two changes to his side following defeat at Brentford on Friday.

Todd Kane served a one-game suspension – following the red card he picked up for a second bookable offence in the west London derby – while Niko Hamalainen dropped down to the bench.

Osman Kakay and Lee Wallace deputised in the full-back positions.

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, the R’s lined up as: Seny Dieng; Kakay, Dickie, Yoann Barbet, Wallace; Dom Ball, Tom Carroll; Bright Osayi-Samuel, Ilias Chair, Chris Willock; Lyndon Dykes.

Looking to bounce back from their own weekend defeat to league leaders Reading, Dean Holden’s sixth-placed Robins included former QPR loanee Wells among their starters.

The R’s began brightly, going close after just three minutes when Dykes headed wide from Chair’s centre.

Two minutes later, visitors Bristol City also threatened as – much to Rangers’ relief – Nagy drilled just wide of the left-hand post.

The Hoops were soon back on the back. In the ninth minute, visiting goalkeeper Dan Bentley denied Osayi-Samuel, who raced through one-on-one before producing a low effort.

However, Rangers were finally rewarded for their fast start in the 12th minute. Following a short-corner routine, Willock eventually crossed for Dickie to power home his first goal for the club.

Buoyed by their opener, QPR – quite often through the impressive Osayi-Samuel – proceeded to lay siege to the visiting goal.

Osayi-Samuel, Carroll, Willock and Chair all went mightily close for Rangers up to the half-hour mark, with Rangers undoubtedly guilty of not making more of a first half of complete dominance.

The R’s were duly made to pay for that through a familiar source five minutes before half-time.

Callum O’Dowda’s deflected cross from the left was met by Wells at the back post, who produced the simplest of finishes. It was Bristol City’s first shot on target.

That was undoubtedly tough to take for the R’s, but they still should have regained their lead only a minute later.

Another well-worked move eventually saw Kakay cross low for Dykes from the right, who somehow scooped over from eight yards.

If Rangers wondered how they’d been held going into the interval, the head scratching increased when Warburton's men fell behind on 50 minutes.

After bursting down the left, O’Dowda’s subsequent centre was touched back by Wells into the path of Nagy, whose attempt nestled into the bottom corner.

With their noses now in front, the Robins appeared to be content with sitting in and protecting their lead – breaking on the counter attack when chances presented themselves.

A double substitution followed for the R’s on 68 minutes, with Macauley Bonne and Albert Adomah replacing Dykes and Ball.

Three minutes later, Rangers were almost hit on the counter. Wells eventually fed Nagy, who drove just over the crossbar.

QPR’s third sub arrived on 74 minutes, as the attack-minded Hamalainen replaced Wallace.

Rangers really should have restored parity eight minutes from time.

Carroll’s floated ball in wasn’t deal with by the Robins’ rearguard, before Bonne stole in to shoot inches wide of the right-hand post.

A fourth R’s change on 82 minutes saw Charlie Kelman handed his senior QPR debut – Willock making way.

With the clock ticking down, City’s Wells clipped the upright with his free-kick attempt in the 86th minute.

As the R’s piled bodies forward in the dying embers, Kakay saw his box effort deflected over on 89 minutes.

Four added minutes were subsequently signaled, and Rangers really should have levelled matters in the third.

Kelman laid the ball on a plate for Osayi-Samuel to finish but, after cutting back past his marker, the Hoops winger could only drag his effort wide from six yards.