icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Wycombe Wanderers vs Queens Park Rangers at Adams Park


  • 1 Wycombe Wanderers

    • 88'‘ Anis Mehmeti
  • 1 Queens Park Rangers

    • 28'‘ Jason McCarthy (OG)


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Mehmeti levels late on for the hosts
  • McCarthy own goal gives R's the lead
Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Allsop
  • 2 D Grimmer
  • 3 D Jacobson
  • 7 M Wheeler
  • 12 D Knight
  • 26 D McCarthy
  • 19 M McCleary (0‘)
  • 22 M Freeman (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Kashket (0‘)
  • 20 FWD Akinfenwa
  • 17 M Horgan
  • 13 GK Dieng
  • 2 D Kane
  • 25 D Hämäläinen
  • 12 D Ball
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 11 M Bright Samuel
  • 20 M Cameron
  • 9 FWD Dykes
  • 22 M Carroll (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair (0‘)


  • 10 M Bloomfield
  • 31 GK Stockdale
  • 21 D Darius Charles
  • 27 FWD Parker
  • 25 FWD Samuel
  • 9 FWD Ikpeazu (0‘)
  • 23 M Onyedinma (0‘)
  • 33 Mehmeti (0‘)
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 23 D Masterson
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 32 GK Kelly
  • 7 FWD Bonne (0‘)
  • 19 M Thomas
  • 26 Bettache
  • 29 FWD Kelman
  • 39 De Silva
Gavin Ward

QPR were forced to settle for a point at Adams Park as Wycombe grabbed an 88th minute leveller through Anis Mehmeti which cancelled out Jason McCarthy’s first half own goal.

It was a scrappy affair in which both sides had their chances, and Rangers took the lead when Ilias Chair’s low centre was diverted beyond his own keeper by McCarthy in the 29th minute.

It looked as though the R’s had managed to ride the storm as the clock ticked down but Mehmeti’s strike from distance beat Seny Dieng late on.

Mark Warburton made one change from the side that drew with Stoke City on Tuesday night, bringing in Dom Ball at the expense of Albert Adomah.

Despite a disappointing run of results, Rangers have produced strong periods of play but went into this match looking to make more of those dominant moments.

They faced a Wycombe side whose big strength is a togetherness which has been harboured by former R Gareth Ainsworth over an eight-year period in the dugout.

After losing their opening seven league games following promotion to the Championship, the Chairboys picked up 11 points from their next nine fixtures, including wins against Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham.

They went into this fixture five points adrift of safety but with a very strong sense of belief that the season’s target of safety remains achievable.

And it was the hosts who flew out of the blocks and should have had the lead after just two minutes. Adebayo Akinfenwa’s flick on found Scott Kashket in space just six-yards in front of goal but despite making a clean connection it was straight at Dieng who was able to save with his feet.

It was a big let off for Rangers and an early warning of the threat posed by the hosts, but QPR responded well and grew into the game as the half wore on.

On 15 minutes, they went close to breaking the deadlock themselves when Rob Dickie’s looping header from Ilias Chair’s corner forced a fine save from Ryan Allsop, while the Wycombe keeper had to be at his best again just four minutes later to deny Geoff Cameron’s rasping drive from 30 yards.

It was certainly an end to end affair, and the R’s found themselves ahead in bizarre circumstances on 29 minutes. Chair got to the byline and his low drive across the face of goal took a deflection off McCarthy which evaded Allsop for the opener.

Akinfenwa had a looping header drift just over the bar while former Ranger David Wheeler saw his powerful headed effort well saved by Dieng on the stroke of half-time.

It was certainly a lively and physical first half, and there was no change in that tempo after the break.

The hosts were claiming passionately for a penalty following a goalmouth scramble, which referee Gavin Ward was quick to wave away.

On 54 minutes, Yoann Barbet came close to doubling the R’s advantage when he got on the end of Chair’s free-kick, but his downward header was pushed to safety by Allsop.

Wycombe had a great chance to level when Daryl Horgan’s shot from distance was parried by Dieng into the path of Kashket but his diving header from eight yards went over the bar with the goal gaping.

Rangers had to show real desire and resilience defensively as the Chairboys pushed for a leveller, and Horgan again went close moments later, this time seeing his effort diverted wide by Dieng.

Niko Hamalainen had a chance to open his professional goal-scoring account when he was fed by Chair down the left, but his first-time shot from 16 yards flew wide.

Dickie pulled off a stunning last-ditch tackle to thwart Wycombe sub Fred Onyedinma just as he looked to burst through on goal.

With 15 minutes to go, Warburton made his first change of the afternoon, bringing Chris Willock on for Tom Carroll, while Chair was replaced by Macauley Bonne.

And Bonne was straight into the action, getting away down the right but as he looked to pull the ball back for Willock, goalkeeper Allsop was able to intercept.

And there was to be late heartbreak for Rangers. With just two minutes remaining Wycombe sub Mehmeti found the back of the net from 20 yards to ensure a share of the spoils for the hosts.

It was a tough pill to swallow and the R’s will now have a week to prepare for the visit of Swansea City on Boxing Day.