icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Hull City vs QPR at The MKM Stadium


  • 0 Hull City

  • 3 QPR

    • 16'‘ Chris Willock
    • 68'‘ Lyndon Dykes
    • 74'‘ Robert Dickie


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Dickie adds Rangers' third
  • Hull's Moncur sent off
  • Dykes makes it 2-0!
  • Willock fires the R's in front
Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Ingram
  • 2 D Coyle (0‘)
  • 3 D Elder
  • 8 M Docherty
  • 5 D Alfie Jones
  • 4 D Greaves
  • 16 M Longman (0‘)
  • 6 Smallwood (0‘)
  • 27 FWD Magennis
  • 18 M Moncur
  • 11 FWD Lewis-Potter
  • 1 GK Dieng
  • 22 D Odubajo
  • 3 D Wallace
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 5 D de Wijs
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 12 Ball
  • 7 M Johansen (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair (0‘)
  • 9 FWD Dykes (0‘)
  • 21 M Willock


  • 9 FWD Eaves
  • 14 M Cannon
  • 20 M Smith (0‘)
  • 13 GK Baxter
  • 12 D Emmanuel (0‘)
  • 19 M Williams (0‘)
  • 24 D Bernard
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 13 GK Archer
  • 14 M Thomas (0‘)
  • 2 D Kakay
  • 17 M Dozzell (0‘)
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 18 FWD Kelman (0‘)
Matt Donohue

RANGERS are among the early pacesetters in the Sky Bet Championship after claiming a fine 3-0 victory at recently-promoted Hull City.

Chris Willock’s 16th-minute strike got the ball rolling for Mark Warburton’s Hoops, who deservedly lead at half-time.

The R’s had to withstand some strong home pressure early on in the second half, but showed resilience to complete a comfortable win in the end.

Lyndon Dykes made it two-nil in the 68th minute and, after George Moncur was shown a straight red card for his foul on Dom Ball, Rob Dickie’s third goal in as many games 15 minutes from time made the points safe.

Ilias Chair returned from illness to make his first start of the season at the MKM Stadium, replacing Charlie Austin in QPR’s starting XI who hadn’t quite recovered from the knock he picked up against Millwall on the opening day last weekend.

Sam McCallum was also once again missing with illness of his own.

Both sides fired warning shots early on.

Chair called former R’s goalkeeper Matt Ingram into action with a low drive in the eight minute, before Hull’s Keane Lewis-Potter header over at the other end.

The hosts went even closer three minutes later, as Moncur worked an opening for himself before lashing over.

However, it was Rangers who would press ahead in the 16th minute.

Chair shaped to send over a free-kick from the right but instead played the ball short to Willock, whose edge-of-the-box blast squirmed through the hands of Ingram and into the back of the net.

Rangers looked assured following their goal and were largely in control up to the half-time break.

The visitors had their chances to edge further in front before the interval. In the 43rd minute, Moses Odubajo and Willock combined to feed Lyndon Dykes, whose close-range header didn’t do enough to trouble Ingram.

Then, after Seny Dieng pulled off a fantastic flying save to deny Josh Magennis and his headed attempt, Willock’s thumping 20-yard effort flew just inches wide of the post.

The hosts went mightily close to restoring parity on more than one occasion after half-time.

After Jordy de Wijs – on his return to Hull – produced an important block to deny Magennis, Dieng then fashioned an excellent low save with his legs as Rangers struggled to clear their lines.

In the 54th minute, meanwhile, Lewie Coyle’s cross from deep so nearly caught Dieng out as he scrambled back towards his line to claw the ball over the bar. And from the resultant corner, Lewis-Potter headed Moncur’s corner marginally over.

Rangers’ goal was leading a charmed life and that was once again the case in the 58th minute, as Dickie somehow got back in time to hack ex-R’s loanee Matt Smith’s low effort off the line.

The R’s made a first change a minute later, as Chair made way for Aaron Dozzell.

For all Hull’s pressure, Rangers should have all but killed the game off in the 65th minute.

Ball’s driving run ended with him slipping Dykes through on goal, whose low effort produced an impressive reaction stop from Ingram.

But Dykes would get his name on the scoresheet only three minutes later.

A clever corner-kick routine ended with Stefan Johansen pulling the ball back for Dykes from the right-hand byline, whose subsequent deflected shot was enough to this time beat Ingram.

Hull’s task was made all the harder when Moncur was shown a straight red card in the 71st minute for an untidy challenge on Ball.

And four minutes later, Rangers took full advantage of having an extra man on the pitch by firmly putting the game to bed.

The third goal came following the best move of the match, as Wallace eventually fed Dickie from the left-hand byline to extend his recent scoring run with a smart low finish.

Three-nil to the Super Hoops.