icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Luton Town vs QPR at Kenilworth Road

Rob Dickie wheels away in celebration

  • 1 Luton Town

    • 37'‘ Cameron Jerome
  • 2 QPR

    • 55'‘ Andre Gray (Pen)
    • 83'‘ Robert Dickie


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Dickie makes it 2-1 late on!
  • Gray levels from the penalty spot!
  • Jerome puts Luton in front
  • Adebayo effort ruled out for offside
Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Shea
  • 2 D Bree
  • 29 D Bell
  • 4 Naismith
  • 15 D Lockyer
  • 16 D Burke
  • 17 D Mpanzu (0‘)
  • 18 M Clark (0‘)
  • 22 D Campbell
  • 35 FWD Jerome (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Adebayo
  • 25 GK Marshall
  • 22 D Odubajo
  • 3 D Wallace
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 27 M Hendrick (0‘)
  • 15 M Field
  • 19 FWD Gray (0‘)
  • 7 M Johansen
  • 10 M Chair (0‘)


  • 12 M Snodgrass (0‘)
  • 23 M Lansbury (0‘)
  • 8 M Berry
  • 3 D Potts
  • 7 M Cornick (0‘)
  • 21 GK Isted
  • 24 M Onyedinma
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 11 FWD Austin (0‘)
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 17 M Dozzell
  • 16 D McCallum
  • 38 GK Mahoney
Josh Smith

QPR came from a goal behind to beat Luton Town 2-1 at Kenilworth Road.

The hosts took the lead through Cameron Jerome on 37 minutes but the game was turned on its head after the interval.

Andre Gray won and converted a penalty to level matters ten minutes after the restart, and all three points were bagged when Rob Dickie converted Chris Willock’s corner with just seven minutes remaining.

Rangers had to contend with a high-pressing Luton side who began the game with an equality-high intensity, but as the game wore on QPR grew into it and did enough to take home all the points.

Mark Warburton made one change from the side that lost to Cardiff City last weekend, bringing in Stefan Johansen for Chris Willock.

It meant the R’s lined up with David Marshall between the posts behind a back three of Yoann Barbet, Jimmy Dunne and Rob Dickie, with Lee Wallace and Moses Odubajo operating on the flanks.

Jeff Hendrick was partnered by Sam Field in the centre of the park with skipper Johansen in a more advanced role, while Ilias Chair played just off Andre Gray in attack.

QPR have endured a difficult recent run of results and were aiming to put that right against a Luton side who have won six of their last eight Championship fixtures.

The Hatters went into this game in sixth spot – one place and one point ahead of Warburton’s men.

The hosts started with a high tempo and forced the first save of the game on six minutes when Allan Campbell tested Marshall from distance, but the effort was comfortably gathered.

Odubajo forced a fine stop from James Shea at the other end with a low drive from 20 yards, while Hendrick was unable to convert the rebound as Rangers looked to mark their stamp on proceedings.

On 24 minutes Luton thought they had taken the lead when the dangerous Elijah Adebayo got in behind the R’s backline and dinked the ball over the diving Marshall into the corner of the net.

To the relief of the R’s fans behind the goal, the assistant’s flag was up and the game remained goalless.

It was certainly a warning for the visitors to the threat posed by the confident Hatters.

And that danger was underlined moments later when Kal Naismith came out from the back and delivered a cross to the far post which Adebayo converted goalwards, only to be denied by an excellent Marshall save.

But on 37 minutes Luton had the lead and it came through Cameron Jerome, who spun and shot from 20 yards, catching Marshall out.

The R’s stopper got a hand to it but was unable to prevent the opener.

As the half drew to a close, QPR enjoyed a sustained period of pressure but were unable to create a real chance of note.

Luton started the second half brightly but Rangers began to work the ball around the pitch, and it was the quick feet of Gray which got the visitors back on level terms.

The former Luton man was upended in the box by Naismith, and he brushed himself down to slam the ball into the top corner to the delight of the R’s faithful behind the goal.

On 60 minutes Warburton made his first change of the game, bringing on Charlie Austin for Chair.

The game was there to be won for both sides, with neither team seemingly interested in a share of the spoils.

Jerome forced another good save from Marshall after making progress down the right while Rangers were moving the ball far better in the second half.

Luke Amos came on for Hendrick as Warburton added fresh legs to the midfield battle, while goalscorer Gray was replaced by Willock.

Willock wasted no time getting into the action, and from his near-post corner on 83 minutes, Dickie flicked the ball beyond Shea, creating scenes of bedlam behind the goal with the travelling QPR fans.

Having fought hard to stay in the game, Rangers had worked their way into a winning position. The question now was whether Warburton’s men could see it out.

And the answer was an emphatic yes. QPR moved the ball well, kept possession and controlled the closing stages to secure a valuable three points.