icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR vs Cardiff City at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 1 QPR

    • 38'‘ Andre Gray
  • 2 Cardiff City

    • 70'‘ Isaak Davies
    • 74'‘ Rubin Colwill


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Colwill makes it 2-1
  • Davies levels it up
  • Gray lashes Rangers ahead
Hide Line-ups
  • 25 GK Marshall
  • 22 D Odubajo
  • 3 D Wallace (0‘)
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 15 M Field (0‘)
  • 27 M Hendrick
  • 19 FWD Gray
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair
  • 25 GK Smithies
  • 17 D Drameh
  • 18 M Doughty (0‘)
  • 2 D McGuinness
  • 5 D Flint
  • 38 D Ng
  • 6 D Vaulks (0‘)
  • 8 M Ralls
  • 9 FWD Hugill (0‘)
  • 27 M Colwill
  • 15 M Wintle


  • 37 M Adomah (0‘)
  • 12 Ball
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 2 D Kakay
  • 17 M Dozzell (0‘)
  • 16 D McCallum
  • 38 GK Mahoney
  • 21 M Pack
  • 10 FWD Ikpeazu (0‘)
  • 1 GK Phillips
  • 3 Bagan (0‘)
  • 39 FWD Davies (0‘)
  • 32 King
  • 42 D Denham
Michael Salisbury

QPR suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat to Cardiff City in the Sky Bet Championship at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Andre Gray had handed Rangers the lead midway through the first half, but second-half efforts from Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill ensured that the visitors headed back to the Welsh capital with all three points.

Heading into this one, R’s boss Mark Warburton made three changes to his side following defeat at Blackburn Rovers, as David Marshall replaced Seny Dieng in goal owing to the injury the Senegal international picked up at Ewood Park last weekend.

Lee Wallace also returned to the starting XI for the first time since mid-February in place of Albert Adomah, while forward Gray led the line for Rangers - taking the place of Stefan Johansen.

This ultimately meant the R’s lined up with Marshall in goal, behind a back five from left to right of Wallace, Yoann Barbet, Jimmy Dunne, Rob Dickie and Moses Odubajo.

Jeff Hendrick and Sam Field partnered each other in midfield, with Ilias Chair and Chris Willock playing just off lone striker Gray.

Visitors Cardiff headed to west London on the back of their recent victory over struggling Derby County, as January recruit Uche Ikpeazu snatched all three points for the Bluebirds last time out.

And despite Rangers’ early pressure, it was the visitors who had the first effort on target - former R’s striker Jordan Hugill forcing Marshall into action inside eight minutes.

Warburton’s side began to grow in confidence, with duo Chair and Willock combining for the first time down the right-hand side – only for former Arsenal youngster Willock's curling effort to be headed away by towering centre-half Aden Flint.

The 16th minute of the game then presented Rangers with their best chance so far. Chair’s cross found Gray at the near post, only for former R’s stopper Alex Smithies to push the ball away down to his right at the vital moment.

The Super Hoops continued to threaten, with Chair at the forefront of Rangers’ attacks. His initial set-piece earned a corner kick, which was eventually hacked away, before his troublesome run and effort only highlighted our attacking intent.

Despite some growing pressure from Steve Morrison’s side, the R’s stood firm and as we approached the final 10 minutes of the first half, it was Rangers who were back on top.

Chair’s corner kick fell to Barbet, only for the French defender's volleyed effort to drift wide. Hugill subsequently fired high and wide for the Bluebirds.

In the 38th minute, Rangers took the lead.

Gray was the man to do it, lashing the ball home from just inside the Cardiff box.

Odubajo’s cross from the right eventually fell into the path of the Watford loanee, who smashed home his sixth goal of the campaign and his first in west London – repeating his scoring heroics of the reverse fixture back in early November.

After taking the lead the R’s pushed for a quick second, Wallace initially testing Smithies after latching onto a fine through ball from Chair before Dickie fired wide with his speculative long-range effort.

With the half time whistle looming, Willock was agonisingly close to extending Rangers’ lead as his deflected strike left Smithies helpless - but it whistled just past the post.

After a somewhat slow start to the second half, it was the Super Hoops eventually picked up from where they left off.

Odubajo initially troubled the Cardiff backline, before Gray cut inside and saw his goalbound effort hacked away.

Despite Rangers’ positive start to the half, a scary moment for Marshall arrived in the 52nd minute. A long Cardiff ball fell into the arms of the Scottish international, only for Mark McGuinness to end up with it at his feet.

However, referee Michael Salisbury’s whistle was eventually blown for an apparent foul on Marshall - much to the relief of the R’s backline.

Warburton’s side continued to threaten through Chair and Willock, and it was the Moroccan international who was agonisingly close to presenting Gray with the chance to slot home his second of the afternoon.

A fine cross from the 24-year-old forced Smithies into action to deny the ball falling to Rangers forward Gray in a perfect position.

The 66th minute then handed Rangers the perfect opportunity to double their lead through troublesome Gray.

Dunne initiated the move after winning the ball from Cardiff’s corner kick, eventually picking out Willock who, with a fine through ball, found Gray. But his poked effort sailed narrowly wide.

And despite all of Rangers’ pressure, in the 70th minute Cardiff who drew level.

Substitute Davies got the better of Dickie before firing an effort at Marshall, who could only palm the spinning ball into the back of the net.

Davies continued to trouble the Rangers backline, nicking the ball from Dunne before drawing a foul from Dickie - who received a yellow card for his troubles.

And Colwill was able to smash the resulting free-kick into the top corner, flipping the game completely on its head and giving Rangers a mountain to climb with 15 minutes left on the clock.

This saw R’s boss Warburton making a double change, with Adomah and Luke Amos entering the field as they replaced Willock and Wallace respectively.

And with the clock quickly ticking down, Andre Dozzell replaced Field as the R’s looked to inject some energy into a tiring midfield.

Rangers pushed for an equaliser, with Barbet firing over in the 89th minute. As the fourth official indicated four additional minutes, a brief cheer of optimism rang round W12.

A late free-kick arrived QPR’s away deep into injury time, which Barbet stepped up to - only for his effort to fly well over the bar and signal the end to a disappointing afternoon in west London.

This defeat ensured Rangers had begun March in the same fashion they had ended February, with another disappointing defeat.