icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR vs Hull City at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 1 QPR

    • 75'‘ Ilias Chair
  • 1 Hull City

    • 26'‘ Marcus Forss


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Chair levels it up
  • Forss fires Hull in front
Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Dieng
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 21 M Willock
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 28 D Sanderson
  • 27 M Hendrick
  • 15 M Field
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Austin (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair
  • 1 GK Ingram (0‘)
  • 24 D Bernard
  • 3 D Elder
  • 5 D Alfie Jones
  • 17 McLoughlin
  • 4 D Greaves
  • 16 M Longman (0‘)
  • 6 Smallwood
  • 44 FWD Forss (0‘)
  • 10 M Honeyman (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Lewis-Potter


  • 25 GK Marshall
  • 7 M Johansen
  • 19 FWD Gray (0‘)
  • 22 D Odubajo (0‘)
  • 12 Ball
  • 14 M Thomas
  • 17 M Dozzell
  • 18 M Moncur
  • 8 M Docherty (0‘)
  • 45 M Walsh
  • 22 FWD Smith (0‘)
  • 21 D Fleming
  • 27 D Slater (0‘)
  • 32 GK Cartwright (0‘)
Tim Robinson

QPR had to settle for a share of the points with Hull City in a frustrating afternoon at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

After going behind midway through the first half courtesy of Marcus Forss’ 26th-minute effort, Ilias Chair eventually drew Rangers level with 15 minutes left on the clock - but that was as good as it got for the R’s.

Albert Adomah had the ball in the back of the net late on only for it to be chalked off for offside – ensuring it would remain all-square in west London.

Heading into this one, Rangers boss Mark Warburton made five changes to his starting XI following Tuesday’s defeat to Millwall.

Goalkeeper Seny Dieng regained his place in the starting line-up for the first time since his recent exploits at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament with Senegal, making his first appearance for the R’s since our victory over Birmingham City back in early January.

Dion Sanderson also came in for his first QPR start in the Championship - replacing Rob Dickie who of course missed out through suspension.

Charlie Austin, Jeff Hendrick and Luke Amos all returned, too, which ultimately saw Stefan Johansen and David Marshall dropping to the bench. Lee Wallace and Lyndon Dykes missed out altogether through injury.

The R’s lined up with Dieng in goal, behind a back five from left to right of Chris Willock, Yoann Barbet, Jimmy Dunne, Sanderson and Albert Adomah.

Hendrick lined up alongside Sam Field and Amos in midfield, with Ilias Chair sitting behind lone striker Austin.

Visitors Hull arrived in west London sitting in 20th position, a comfortable-looking 12 points above the relegation zone, but having faced four games without tasting of victory.

However, picking up a resilient point against Sheffield United last time out ensured the Tigers came into this one full of confidence.

In an even opening in W12, it was the R’s who began to control possession of the ball, but with 10 minutes gone on the clock neither side were able to create any chances of note.

Rangers had to wait until the 14th minute to produce the first opportunity of the game, which arrived through attacker Chair.

The Moroccan picked the ball up just past the halfway line before driving at the visiting defence, only for his left-footed shot to be palmed away by former QPR goalkeeper Matt Ingram - with the loose ball eventually hacked away.

The R’s began to turn the screw with a fine cross-field ball from Hendrick finding Willock on the edge of the box, with his dangerous-looking cross eventually blocked for a corner kick which ultimately came to nothing.

However, despite Rangers’ early pressure, it was the visitors who drew first blood in the 26th minute.

Jacob Greaves' flick on found Forss at close range, who courtesy of the crossbar and the use of goal-line technology was able to convert – giving the visitors the lead.

After going behind, frustrations began to grow, as Rangers struggled to break down a stubborn Hull backline.

Chair’s foul and subsequent booking in the 33rd minute on Callum Elder only highlighted this frustration.

With the half-time whistle looming, Austin had his first sniff on goal when he was picked out by Adomah, but the R’s forward couldn’t keep his header on target and Ingram watched it comfortably sail past his right-hand post.

Hendrick then stung the palms of the 28-year-old 'keeper with a speculative effort, before Willock was unfortunate not to pick Adomah out at the far post which meant that at the break, Rangers trailed.

The R’s came out for the second period knowing that they had it all to do if they were to leave Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium victorious and break down Hull’s backline.

Chair’s dangerous cross was met by a battling Adomah and Ingram, only for the former R’s stopper to come out of the 50/50 challenge requiring medical assistance – before sadly being stretchered off and replaced by Harvey Cartwright, resulting in a considerable pause in play.

Play eventually resumed in the 67th minute with Barbet’s low corner kick cleared away.

Warburton quickly made his first substitution in the 70th minute, as Moses Odubajo replaced Amos, in a switch which saw Willock moving into a more advanced position.

Chair then had his appeal for a penalty waved away by referee Tim Robinson after being sandwiched between two Hull defenders.

But in the 75th minute, the R’s finally drew themselves level.

A wonderful cross from Odubajo against his former side down the left found Moroccan international Chair, who was on hand to calmly slot home from all of three-yards out.

Despite Rangers now being in the ascendancy, the visitors were presented with a perfect opportunity to restore their lead soon after. Keane Lewis-Potter broke the offside trap, before firing narrowly wide.

The Super Hoops continued to attack, with Willock next to fire over following a smart turn from the former Arsenal youngster.

As we approached the 90th minute, news of an additional 15 - predominantly due to the delay caused by Ingram’s earlier injury - were greeted by a loud roar from the W12 faithful as we continued our search for a winning goal.

Andre Gray replaced Austin in the 94th minute as Warburton made his second change of the afternoon.

Moments later, Adomah thought he had found the winner when he was able to convert Willock’s cross at the far post, only for the assistant official’s flag to be quickly raised – muting any premature Rangers celebrations.

The R’s threw everything forward, but were ultimately disappointed.

Chair whipped in another dangerous ball only for it to be headed away at the vital moment, while Willock fired straight at substitute 'keeper Cartwright.

That signalled the end of another frustrating afternoon for the R's.