icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR vs Nottingham Forest at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 1 QPR

    • 45'+5'‘ Lyndon Dykes
  • 1 Nottingham Forest

    • 90'+1'‘ Jack Colback


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Colback levels at the death
  • Dykes gives R's a half-time lead!
Hide Line-ups
  • 1 GK Dieng
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 16 D McCallum (0‘)
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 5 D de Wijs (0‘)
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 7 M Johansen
  • 17 M Dozzell
  • 9 FWD Dykes
  • 10 M Chair (0‘)
  • 21 M Willock
  • 30 GK Samba
  • 2 D Spence
  • 15 D Lowe
  • 26 D McKenna
  • 3 D Tobias Figueiredo (0‘)
  • 4 D Worrall
  • 22 M Yates
  • 8 M Colback
  • 23 M Lolley (0‘)
  • 20 FWD Johnson
  • 7 FWD Grabban (0‘)


  • 19 FWD Gray
  • 11 FWD Austin
  • 22 D Odubajo (0‘)
  • 13 GK Archer
  • 12 Ball
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 20 D Dunne (0‘)
  • 13 D Bong
  • 33 FWD Taylor (0‘)
  • 11 M Zinckernagel (0‘)
  • 1 GK Horvath
  • 37 M Garner
  • 17 M Mighten (0‘)
  • 21 M Ojeda
Andy Davies

JACK Colback’s stoppage-time leveller denied Rangers a fourth-straight home league win at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Lyndon Dykes’ first-half strike (45+5 minutes) – expertly laid on by Albert Adomah – looked to have given the Super Hoops a hard-fought victory against an ever-improving Nottingham Forest side.

But, cruelly, Mark Warburton’s men were pegged back as late as the 91st minute.

Indeed, at the end of a week full of late disappointment, Colback’s 20-yard effort skipped up off substitute Jimmy Dunne before looping over Seny Dieng and in at the School End.

Both teams came into this one looking to avenge for recent defeats.

In the case of Rangers, of course, a disappointing 2-1 reverse at Peterborough United last weekend was unfortunately followed by the midweek penalty defeat at the hands of Sunderland in the Carabao Cup.

For Forest – who had been in fine form since the appointment of Steve Cooper as boss – there was a heavy home loss to promotion favourites Fulham last time out.

There were four changes to the R’s starting line-up from Tuesday’s clash with Sunderland, with skipper Stefan Johansen, Adomah, Sam McCallum and Andre Dozzell all coming in for the hosts.

Amos, Moses Odubajo and Andre Gray dropped down to the bench, while Ossie Kakay missed out altogether.

The first half was one of very few clear chances.

Forest enjoyed plenty of possession early on. The visitors had claims for a penalty waved away in the 15th minute after Barbet clashed with Joe Lolley in the box.

Then, just a minute later, it was the latter who forced Dieng into a flying save at his right-hand post, as Lolley let fly from distance.

Forest goalkeeper Brice Samba was largely untroubled in the visiting goal. Indeed, when Dykes shot from the edge of the area in the 22nd minute, he collected with relative ease.

The biggest disappointment for Rangers during the first half was almost certainly the loss of two players to injury.

On 27 minutes, McCallum was forced off after stretching to block a Forest cross.

And after Brennan Johnson’s dangerous low centre was hacked off the goal-line in the 28th minute, QPR were made to make another substitution in the 36th.

de Wijs was unable to shake off a knock and was replaced by Dunne.

A double blow for the R’s – who were also certainly being put to task by a good Forest side.

However, Rangers showed they were prepared to dig in and were rewarded for that endeavour right on the stroke of half-time.

The R’s worked the ball to Adomah on the left-hand side of the box and, when he wonderfully manufactured space for himself, the winger’s hanging cross was powered home by the head of Dykes.

Suddenly, QPR had a lead to work with ahead of the second half.

Unsurprisingly, the closing period had a little more pace about it – and more clear openings, too.

After Adomah’s near-post attempt was deflected behind in the 54th minute, Forest broke on the counter attack in the 56th and fired into the side-netting through Johnson.

Seven minutes later, Lolley’s effort from just outside the box flew past the right-hand post.

But Rangers really should have extended their lead through Dykes on two separate occasions after that.

On 66 minutes, the Scotland frontman was slipped in by Ilias Chair but could only fire low at Samba.

Then, three minutes later, Djed Spence pulled off what was surely a goal-saving challenge after another slide-rule pass – this time by Johansen.

As the clock ticked down, R’s boss Warburton looked to sure things up in midfield and add fresh legs too when Amos replaced Chair in the 77th minute.

Ten minutes from time, Rangers broke on the counter attack and when Johansen again fed Dykes, the striker fired over the crossbar.

One thing’s for sure, this fixture hung firmly in the balance going into the closing stages.

But just as it looked like the home side had done enough to take the points, Forest struck in the dying embers to snatch a draw.

After four minutes were added on at the death, the impressive Colback shot home in the first of them with the aid of a deflection off Dunne.

A point takes the R’s up to fifth in the Sky Bet Championship table, but the late goal makes the draw a tough one to take indeed.