icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR vs Reading at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 4 QPR

    • 13'‘ Lyndon Dykes
    • 35'‘ Lyndon Dykes
    • 37'‘ Luke Amos
    • 51'‘ Jimmy Dunne
  • 0 Reading


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Dunne nods in the fourth
  • Amos makes it 3-0 before HT!
  • Lyndon adds a second
  • Dykes heads home opener!
Hide Line-ups
  • 25 GK Marshall
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 3 D Wallace (0‘)
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 15 M Field
  • 7 M Johansen
  • 9 FWD Dykes
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 22 GK Southwood
  • 17 D Yiadom
  • 21 D Abdul Rahman Baba
  • 28 Laurent (0‘)
  • 3 D Holmes
  • 4 D Morrison
  • 8 Rinomhota
  • 15 Drinkwater
  • 18 FWD Lucas João
  • 10 Swift
  • 47 FWD Puscas (0‘)


  • 11 FWD Austin (0‘)
  • 22 D Odubajo
  • 12 Ball
  • 14 M Thomas (0‘)
  • 17 M Dozzell
  • 28 D Sanderson (0‘)
  • 32 GK Walsh
  • 14 M Ejaria (0‘)
  • 19 M Tom Dele-Bashiru (0‘)
  • 26 GK Hein
  • 49 D Kelvin Opoku
  • 39 FWD Jahmari Clarke
  • 48 D Ashcroft
  • 32 FWD Camara
Jeremy Simpson

IT WAS a memorable afternoon for Queens Park Rangers with an impressive 4-0 victory over Reading in the Sky Bet Championship at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

A first-half double from Lyndon Dykes (13 and 35 minutes), a strike from Luke Amos (37) and an early second-half header from Jimmy Dunne (51) was enough to wrap up Rangers’ third victory of 2022 and continued our undefeated start to the new calendar year.

The Royals pushed for a route back into the game, but a rampant Super Hoops had simply done enough to edge ever so closer to the much sought-after automatic promotion spots.

Heading into this one, Mark Warburton made two changes from Tuesday’s clash with Swansea City, as Dykes and Albert Adomah returned to the starting XI following a brief break during the week. Latest recruit Dion Sanderson took his place on the bench following his midweek arrival.

This meant that David Marshall continued to line up between the posts. Lee Wallace, Yoann Barbet, Dunne, Rob Dickie and Adomah made up the backline.

Stefan Johansen, Amos and Sam Field lined up in the centre of the park, with Chris Willock playing behind lone striker Dykes.

QPR headed into this one off the back of Tuesday’s goalless draw with the Swans. Opponents Reading arrived in the capital sitting 21st in the Sky Bet Championship table, hovering dangerously above the relegation zone.

Four successive defeats before today’s clash for the Royals ensured the R’s headed into this one firm favourites.

Having finished just outside the play-off positions last season, the 2021/22 campaign has so far been a disappointing one for Reading - having only picked up eight victories from the first half season. Boss Veljko Paunovic will certainly be looking for an upturn in form heading into the business end of the year.

There was an electric atmosphere at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium as both sides started in a positive manner. Adomah initially troubled the visiting defence, before George Puscas fired over for the Royals.

But Reading quickly began to threaten with Marshall having to be alert to deny Lucas Joao’s close-range header, with Josh Laurent then firing into a group of Rangers bodies.

With 10 minutes on the clock, Warburton’s side had struggled to find their usual passing rhythm, with some last-ditche defending from Dunne denying former QPR youngster Laurent once again.

However, with 13 minutes gone and Reading feeling slightly aggrieved after their penalty appeals were waved away, a wonderful turn and cross from Willock set up Dykes perfectly - who with a clever header nodded home his seventh league strike of the campaign and gave the R’s the perfect start to this intense clash.

With their tails up, Johansen quickly dragged his shot narrowly wide after some good work from Wallace down the left – but Rangers’ confidence had certainly grown after taking the lead.

The R’s could have further extended their lead in the 20th minute when Wallace was able to pick out fellow Scot Dykes with a fine pull-back, but Luke Southwood did well to deny him from doubling his and the Super Hoops' tally.

With the game beginning to even out, Willock fired over from the edge of the box after driving at the Reading defence, following a good flick-on from Dykes, but chances had started to become limited for both sides.

Amos went close after producing a fine curling shot, which just like Tuesday had beaten the outstretched 'keeper but cannoned back off the post and out to safety in the most unfortunate circumstances once again.

But in the 35th minute, Rangers were finally able to double their advantage.

Dunne began the move after winning the ball on the halfway line, with Adomah’s eventual cross finding Dykes who, in the same fashion as the first, headed past the helpless Southwood and W12 was rocking once more.

And only two minutes later, Rangers found themselves even further ahead!

Finally, after so much bad luck Amos was able to slot home, a fine counter-attacking move courtesy of Willock falling to the former Tottenham youngster and with one touch, the midfielder was able to set himself before slotting home - sealing a perfect first half for the Super Hoops.

The third goal seemingly killed off any intensity within the remaining seconds of the first half, with both sides looking towards the half-time whistle, which when it finally arrived was greeted by two very different moods from each set of supporters.

Reading started the second period on the front foot, with the introduction of Ovie Ejaria looking to help them claw a way back into the game, but the troublesome Willock - who looked fired up following an impressive first half personally - quickly turned on the style with two neat turns in a matter of seconds.

And things quickly got even better for the R’s.

Johansen’s deep corner kick found Dunne at the far post, who calmly headed home his second goal for QPR since his move from Burnley in the summer and Rangers’ fourth of the afternoon.

With the famous old ground now rocking from pillar to post, Warburton’s side sensed blood and a fine flowing move involving Wallace, Willock, Johansen, Amos and finally Dykes eventually came to nothing - but just highlighted the confidence that was pumping through the Super Hoops’ veins.

Reading to their credit had chances to pull themselves back into the game, Laurent and Danny Drinkwater both forcing the Rangers backline into action, but they came to nothing and the R’s could regroup and push for a fifth.

The 65th minute saw the arrival of George Thomas and latest recruit Sanderson, who replaced Amos and Wallace respectively.

The Royals continued to threaten, with Marshall having to be on hand to deny former Sheffield Wednesday man Joao from close range.

But Rangers were simply too hot to handle - Dykes, who was in search of his hat-trick goal, forcing Southwood into action from range, before Barbet fired over from a clever corner-kick routine.

Willock was replaced in the 71st minute to a standing ovation from W12 for his wonderful display, with Charlie Austin coming on and making an instant impact.

His initial ball found Dykes who fed Thomas. The rebounded effort fell into the path of Dykes, only for the R’s number nine to see his shot blocked and take a whack to his leg for his troubles.

With 10 minutes left on the clock, much like the end of the first half the tempo of the game had certainly dropped - with Warburton’s side content with their four-goal cushion

Rangers pushed for the cherry on top of what had been a perfect afternoon, but ultimately had to settle for four goals in a memorable clash in west London.

This impressive victory ensured our undefeated start to 2022 continues for another week, with attentions now switching to next weekend’s FA Cup fourth-round tie at Peterborough United.