icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR vs Swansea City at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 0 QPR

  • 0 Swansea City


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups
  • 25 GK Marshall
  • 22 D Odubajo
  • 3 D Wallace (0‘)
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 15 M Field
  • 21 M Willock (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Austin
  • 7 M Johansen
  • 18 GK Hamer
  • 23 D Christie
  • 22 D Latibeaudiere
  • 3 M Manning
  • 26 D Naughton
  • 5 D Cabango
  • 4 M Downes
  • 8 M Grimes
  • 17 FWD Piroe (0‘)
  • 7 M Smith
  • 13 M Wolf (0‘)


  • 37 M Adomah (0‘)
  • 12 Ball
  • 5 D de Wijs
  • 14 M Thomas (0‘)
  • 9 FWD Dykes (0‘)
  • 17 M Dozzell
  • 32 GK Walsh
  • 2 D Bennett
  • 6 M Fulton (0‘)
  • 28 M Walsh
  • 33 GK Fisher
  • 9 FWD Obafemi (0‘)
  • 14 FWD Joseph
  • 47 M Abdulai
Andy Davies

RANGERS and Swansea City had to settle for a share of the points at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium in this Sky Bet Championship fixture.

Both sides had chances to break the deadlock, Luke Amos and Lyndon Dykes going closest for Rangers, while Michael Obafemi thought he had won it with a late strike only for the assistant official’s flag to go up for offside.

Swansea were reduced to 10 men late on, but dug in deep and a point apiece ensures the Super Hoops’ undefeated start to 2022 continues. The R’s have also edged a point closer to the automatic promotion places.

Mark Warburton made four changes from Saturday’s victory over Coventry City as captain Stefan Johansen, Luke Amos, Moses Odubajo and Charlie Austin all returned to the starting XI, with Albert Adomah, Andre Dozzell and Lyndon Dykes all dropping to the bench. Forward Andre Gray missed out due his representation with his native Jamaica at their latest batch of World Cup qualifiers.

This meant that David Marshall continued to line up between the posts. Lee Wallace, Yoann Barbet, Jimmy Dunne, Rob Dickie and Odubajo made up the backline.

Johansen, Amos and Sam Field lined up in the centre of the park, with Willock playing behind lone striker Austin.

QPR headed into this one having clinched four successive Sky Bet Championship victories, with a stubborn 2-1 victory away over the Sky Blues last time out ensuring the R’s returned to west London in confident mood.

Opponents Swansea City arrived in the capital sitting 17th in the league table, but victory last time out over Preston North End - their first since the end of November - ensured Russell Martin’s side headed to W12 far more optimistic than they would’ve done prior to the weekend’s results.

Following play-off final defeat to Brentford in May, the Swans turned to relatively-inexperienced boss Martin in the summer and despite impressive victories over fierce rivals Cardiff City and Bristol City earlier the campaign, the combination of both a recent poor run of results and several games being postponed due to Covid is reflected in their current league position. This evening’s clash was the perfect opportunity for our visitors to kickstart their stuttering campaign.

But it was Rangers who instantly started on the front foot, Wallace initially finding space down the left-hand side only for his cross to be cleared by Kyle Naughton, before Odubajo troubled down the opposite flank.

Despite the dangerous opening from Warburton’s side Swansea grew into the opening stages, but Rangers’ defensive resolve - which saw us grind out three points as many days ago - was on show once again.

After a lively start to proceedings in W12, by the time the 20th minute arrived the tempo of the game had certainly dropped, with countless free-kicks certainly beginning to influence the flow of the game.

The 35th minute saw the R’s creating their most dangerous attack of the half so far, a fine cross from Willock picking out Austin whose header was palmed away by Ben Hamer at the final moment. The linesman's flag being raised ended Rangers’ chance of breaking the deadlock.

With the half-time whistle beginning to loom, the Super Hoops pushed for an opener. Barbet initially tried his luck with a speculative free-kick, before Odubajo was unfortunate not to pounce on a loose ball at the far post.

But, at the break it remained goalless.

The second half started much like the first, with Rangers initially troubling through Wallace before Joel Piroe forced Scottish international Marshall into his first piece of action for the evening.

Despite a nervy start to the second half, Rangers thought they had found the breakthrough in the 58th minute.

A fine driving run from Amos eventually created space from himself inside the Swansea penalty box, only for his seemingly goal-bound effort to cannon back off the post and away from danger.

Marshall, who of course only arrived in west London a couple of weeks ago, was then once again forced into action as he had to be alert to deny Korey Smith from just inside the Rangers penalty box.

The hour mark saw R’s boss Warburton making some changes as he pushed for that illusive opening goal.

This saw the arrival of Dykes and Adomah - fresh off the back of the latter's heroics on Saturday - as they replaced Amos and Wallace respectively, in a move which also saw Odubajo switching to the left-hand side.

With 20 minutes left on the clock, Rangers continued to knock on the Swansea door. But the Swans - who had failed to pick up an away clean sheet since late November - continued to frustrate Warburton’s side.

Joel Latibeaudiere saw his poked effort drifting wide for the visitors, but frustrations began to grow around W12, with the Rangers faithful seemingly upset with some of Russell Martin’s side's game-management techniques.

Willock was then replaced by George Thomas with eight minutes left on the clock as the R’s boss rolled his final dice in the hope that the former Leicester City man could repeat the positive impact he made at the weekend.

And this almost instantly paid dividends - a smart turn from the 24-year-old finding Odubajo who in turn picked out Dykes, but the R’s substitute could only fire his effort straight at Hamer and the best opportunity to take the lead quickly passed.

As we approached the 88th minute, Swansea thought they had found the winner. Substitute Obafemi slotted home, but to Rangers’ fortune the offside flag was quickly raised - cutting the visiting celebrations short.

With five minutes of additional time added a huge cheer swept around Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium, with both sets of supporters demanding a winner.

Swansea were then reduced to 10 men with Flynn Downes receiving a second yellow card for an altercation with Austin, who in turn also received a yellow.

But it ultimately wasn’t to make a difference as Rangers simply couldn’t break down a stubborn Welsh backline and it remained goalless.

This draw ensures QPR’s undefeated start to 2022 remains in place, but ultimately saw Warburton’s side missing out on a chance to claw back two vital points on our promotion rivals.