icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Sheffield United vs QPR at Bramall Lane


  • 1 Sheffield United

    • 9'‘ Oliver Norwood
  • 0 QPR


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Norwood gives hosts early lead
Hide Line-ups
  • 18 GK Foderingham
  • 2 D Baldock
  • 3 D Stevens
  • 22 D Davies
  • 12 D Egan
  • 25 D Uremovic (0‘)
  • 8 M Berge (0‘)
  • 4 M Fleck
  • 9 FWD McBurnie (0‘)
  • 27 M Gibbs-White
  • 16 M Norwood
  • 29 GK Westwood
  • 37 M Adomah
  • 3 D Wallace (0‘)
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 4 D Dickie
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 27 M Hendrick (0‘)
  • 15 M Field
  • 10 M Chair
  • 19 FWD Gray (0‘)
  • 9 FWD Dykes


  • 19 D Robinson (0‘)
  • 24 M Hourihane
  • 1 GK Davies
  • 23 M Osborn (0‘)
  • 29 M Ndiaye
  • 33 D Norrington-Davies
  • 36 FWD Jebbison (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Austin
  • 8 M Amos
  • 14 M Thomas (0‘)
  • 17 M Dozzell (0‘)
  • 28 D Sanderson
  • 16 D McCallum (0‘)
  • 38 GK Mahoney
Darren Bond

QPR fell to a damaging 1-0 defeat to fellow promotion hopefuls Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.

Oliver Norwood’s ninth-minute attempt was enough to separate the sides, with the hosts moving up to fifth in the Sky Bet Championship as a result of their win.

Rangers – who struggled to create clear goalscoring opportunities against Paul Heckingbottom's Blades – remain three points outside the play-offs, but have played two games more than sixth-placed Middlesbrough.

Heading into what was an eighth-versus-ninth encounter before kick-off in the Steel City, R’s boss Mark Warburton made five changes to the side beaten by Fulham in W12 on Saturday.

Jimmy Dunne, Jeff Hendrick, Albert Adomah, Ilias Chair and Andre Gray all came in for Rangers.

Skipper Stefan Johansen missed out through injury, Moses Odubajo for personal reasons, while Dion Sanderson, Luke Amos and George Thomas all dropped down to the bench.

The R’s lined up in a 5-3-2 formation: Keiren Westwood; Adomah, Rob Dickie, Dunne, Yoann Barbet, Lee Wallace; Sam Field, Hendrick, Chair; Lyndon Dykes, Gray.

Both sides hadn’t exactly been in sparkling form heading into this game, but knew a win would give their respective play-off ambitions a big boost.

Unfortunately for the R’s, they found themselves behind inside 10 minutes.

United’s clever corner-kick routine from the right ended with Norwood receiving possession unmarked on the edge of the box, and the Northern Ireland midfielder subsequently fired hard and low through a crowd of bodies to beat Westwood.

That was obviously the worst possible start for Rangers and, try as they might have, the visitors struggled to muster a meaningful reply for most of the opening half.

For Sheffield United, Oli McBurnie’s 25th-minute header lacked the purchase to trouble Westwood in the R’s goal.

Three minutes later, meanwhile, Barbet produced an important sliding challenge in the nick of the time to bring to an end to Sander Berge’s lung-busting run.

Rangers eventually worked a fine opportunity for themselves on the stroke of half-time.

Chair’s dinked cross from the left-hand byline looked to be to a tee for a waiting Hendrick on six yards, but the latter just got underneath the ball and the chance quickly passed.

Rangers looked brighter towards the end of the first half and will have been keen to continue that momentum heading into the closing period.

Both sides carved out opportunities soon after half-time.

First, on 48 minutes, Norwood’s lofted centre was touched back across the face of goal by John Egan – but the R’s managed to survive.

Then, less than a minute later, Chair drove at the home backline before firing beyond the foot of the post.

Up the other end, Morgan Gibbs-White’s audacious lob in the 53rd minute only just cleared the bar.

Come the hour mark, this game was certainly finely poised.

As Rangers tried to turn the tide, Warburton made a double sub in the 69th minute – Andre Dozzell and Thomas brought on to replace Hendrick and Gray.

Three minutes later, Sam McCallum was also introduced, for Wallace, as Warburton looked to give the R’s added pace heading into the closing stages.

In the 73rd minute, Dykes’ effort from a tight angle was only just deflected over the crossbar.

But Rangers were unable to really trouble the home goal after that.

Gibbs-White so nearly made it 2-0 in the final minute of normal time, sliding marginally wide after United broke on the counter attack.

The hosts were able to see out six additional minutes after that.