icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Stoke City vs QPR at bet365 Stadium


  • 1 Stoke City

    • 45'+1'‘ Jacob Brown
  • 0 QPR


  • Sky Bet Championship logo

Key Moments

  • Brown puts Stoke ahead on stroke of HT
Hide Line-ups
  • 12 GK Bursik
  • 2 D Smith
  • 14 D Tymon
  • 19 D Jagielka
  • 16 D Wilmot
  • 24 D Harwood-Bellis
  • 42 M Baker
  • 4 M Allen
  • 18 M Brown (0‘)
  • 33 FWD Maja (0‘)
  • 28 M Sawyers (0‘)
  • 29 GK Westwood
  • 28 D Sanderson
  • 16 D McCallum
  • 17 M Dozzell
  • 20 D Dunne
  • 6 D Barbet
  • 8 M Amos (0‘)
  • 15 M Field
  • 14 M Thomas (0‘)
  • 9 FWD Dykes (0‘)
  • 10 M Chair


  • 9 FWD Fletcher (0‘)
  • 8 M Vrancic
  • 5 D Chester
  • 7 M Clucas (0‘)
  • 13 GK Bonham
  • 10 FWD Campbell (0‘)
  • 47 M Philogene-Bidace
  • 37 M Adomah (0‘)
  • 19 FWD Gray (0‘)
  • 11 FWD Austin (0‘)
  • 27 M Hendrick
  • 12 Ball
  • 2 D Kakay
  • 38 GK Mahoney
Andy Woolmer

QPR’s play-off hopes came to an end with a 1-0 loss at Stoke City.

Rangers knew going into this match that they needed to win their final three games if they were to have any hopes of breaking into the top six.

Unfortunately, a goal just before the break from Jacob Brown proved to be the difference between the two sides on an afternoon when the visitors struggled to get their creative juices flowing at the bet365 Stadium.

Mark Warburton was forced into one change for the trip, bringing in Yoann Barbet for Moses Odubajo, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a calf injury.

It meant the R’s lined up with Keiren Westwood between the posts behind a back four, from left to right, of Sam McCallum, Barbet, Jimmy Dunne and Dion Sanderson.

Sam Field and Andre Dozzell were in the centre of the park with Ilias Chair on the left and Luke Amos on the right.

George Thomas operated just off Lyndon Dykes in attack.

Stoke had won four of their last six fixtures prior to this one, including an impressive 1-0 victory at Blackburn in their last outing, so the R’s were fully aware of the challenge posed.

The Potters certainly started confidently and went close in the opening exchanges through Lewis Baker.

In blustery conditions, the first 20 minutes of the match passed without any further chances being created from either side, with a long-range effort from Thomas the only early sighter from the R’s.

In the 21st minute, Chair nearly released Dykes with a brilliant through-ball, but the Scotland striker was unable to get it under his spell, allowing home 'keeper Joe Bursik the opportunity to clear.

Three minutes later, Rangers had Westwood to thank for keeping the game goalless when Romaine Sawyers’ fierce, low drive took a deflection and looked destined for the back of the net, only to be denied by the legs of the R’s 'keeper.

Tommy Smith found space at the far post on 35 minutes as Stoke switched the play from left to right, but he was unable to get his shot on target to the frustration of the home fans.

Josh Maja was the next Stoke player to have a go, but after creating space for himself from 18 yards he saw his low drive comfortably saved by Westwood.

In injury time of the first half the hosts found a way through. Following a goalmouth scramble from a corner, a Westwood save and a Field block looked to have successfully managed the threat, but the ball fell to Jacob Brown who found the roof of the net from close range.

Stoke were good for their lead, having created the better chances, and that trend continued after the interval when Taylor Harwood-Bellis headed goalwards from a corner, only to be denied by an excellent Westwood save.

With the second half just ten minutes old, and knowing a win was needed for the R’s to keep their playoff dream alive, Warburton made a double change.

Albert Adomah was brought on at the expense of Amos while Charlie Austin came on for Dykes.

Rangers were starting to see more of the ball but still struggled to get in behind the Stoke backline. 

Harwood-Bellis fizzed an effort just wide for the hosts before Thomas broke down the centre for Rangers but fired over from 18 yards.

On 69 minutes, the R’s hit the post with a Thomas header after a great ball from Chair, and that was to be the Welshman’s last touch of the game as he was replaced by Andre Gray for the final 20 minutes.

Dunne beat goalkeeper Bursik to Chair’s delivery from a free-kick but the Irishman’s header bounced wide as a sense of urgency entered into Rangers’ game.

The hosts were happy to sit in, looking to catch QPR on the break and, in truth, they comfortably saw out the closing stages to seal the win and, in doing so, end the R’s play-off dream.