icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Crawley Town vs QPR at Broadfield Stadium


  • 3 Crawley Town

  • 3 QPR

    • Sam Field
    • Macauley Bonne (2)


  • Pre-Season Friendly logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups
  • 0 James Tilley
  • 0 Tom Nichols (pen)
  • 0 Manny Adebowale


QPR drew 3-3 at Crawley Town.

The R’s led 3-0 before a spirited comeback from the hosts ensured honours were shared at the Broadfield Stadium.

Sam Field’s first-half header was the difference between the two sides at the break and a Macauley Bonne brace early in the second half seemingly gave Mick Beale’s team control of the fixture.

However, Kevin Betsy’s Red Devils pulled one back through James Tilley on 65 minutes and they quickly doubled their tally just four minutes later when Tom Nichols converted from the spot.

The comeback was complete on 82 minutes when defender Manny Adebowale coolly picked out the bottom corner from 15 yards.

In front of more than 1,300 travelling R’s fans, QPR started the game with Joe Walsh between the posts behind a back four, from left to right, of Kenneth Paal, Jake Clarke-Salter, Jimmy Dunne and Albert Adomah.

Stefan Johansen, Sam Field and George Thomas were in the centre of the park while Ilias Chair and Tyler Roberts played in the hole behind Lyndon Dykes.

The R’s looked comfortable from the off, moving the ball well and with attacking-purpose while the advanced full-backs of Paal and Adomah were causing Crawley problems.

Field netted the opener with a fine header from Johansen’s corner on nine minutes and it was no less than the visitors deserved.

Midway through the half, the high fullbacks werer perfectly demonstrated when Adomah burst into the box and the ball fell to the edge of the area where Paal was waiting, with the Dutchman warming the palms of home keeper Glenn Morris.

Thomas got in behind the Crawley rearguard and had a great chance to increase that lead but his deft flick was well-read by Morris.

Beale made 11 changes at the break amid extremely hot conditions. In the second period, Murphy Mahoney was in goal behind a back four, from left to right, of Niko Hamalainen, Joe Gubbins, Jimmy Dunne and Ossie Kakay.

Charlie Owens, Conor Masterson and Andre Dozell played in midfield while Olamide Shodipo and Charlie Kelman played off Macauley Bonne.

Seny Dieng and Luke Amos missed out with minor knocks.

The half got off to the perfect start for Rangers when the lively Bonne dispossessed Crawley sub keeper Corey Addai on the edge of his box and brilliantly lifted the ball into the unguarded net on 50 minutes.

Nine minutes later Bonne doubled his tally when he finished off a sweeping team move. Shodipo broke down the right and put a wicked delivery across the face of goal which Bonne converted from close range.

At 3-0 to the R’s the game looked dead and buried but Betsy’s men responded well and got themselves back into the match with two quick goals.

Tilley fired home from the edge of the area before the hosts won a penalty, which Nichols dispatched.

With Crawley buoyed, they pushed on and duly found the equaliser with eight minutes remaining. Former R Aramide Oteh broke down the right and saw his effort saved by Murphy before Adebowale slid home the rebound.

It was an entertaining fixture and one which provided Beale with plenty to assess as he takes his squad to Germany on Sunday for a week’s training camp which will include fixtures with FSV Zwickau and Hallescher FC.

QPR: Walsh (Mahoney, 46), Paal (Hamalainen, 46), Clarke-Salter (Gubbins, 46), Dickie (Dunne), Adomah (Kakay, 46), Johansen (Dozzell, 46), Field (Masterson, 46), Thomas (Owens, 46), Chair (Shodipo, 46), Roberts (Kelman, 46), Dykes (Bonne 46).