icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR U23s vs Charlton Athletic U23s at Harlington


  • 2 QPR U23s

    • Reece Grego-Cox (2)
  • 2 Charlton Athletic U23s

    • Mikhail Kennedy (2)

6th February 2017 1:00 PM

  • Professional Development League Two South logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups



QPR U23s v Charlton Athletic U23s

RAVEL Morrison featured for QPR’s Under-23s on Monday afternoon as Reece Grego-Cox followed up last week’s hat-trick with a brace against Charlton Athletic.

Morrison enjoyed the full 90 minutes at Harlington for Paul Hall’s side, who fell behind early on. Mikhail Kennedy converted a first-minute penalty, but Grego-Cox – who celebrated his comeback from injury in style last time out – quickly levelled the scores.

And he doubled his tally 18 minutes in, only for Kennedy to grab his second just before the break which ultimately saw the sides share the points at Harlington.

Rangers made a nightmare start. With the game just seconds old, Rangers were penalised for a foul in the box which allowed Kennedy to smash the resulting spot-kick past Seny Dieng.

No sooner had they gone behind, though, the R’s were level. Moments after Gianni Crichlow and Grego-Cox saw shots saved in the box, the latter latched onto a through ball before slotting past Addicks goalkeeper Dimitar Mitov.

And the comeback was complete after just 18 minutes. Michael Petrasso’s cross from the right was inch-perfect for Grego-Cox to convert from close-range at the far post.

Grego-Cox almost repeated the feat from last week, going close to another hat-trick when his ambitious lob drifted just wide midway through the first period.

At the other end, Kennedy spurned a gilt-edged chance to level the scores. The striker was unmarked six yards out from a cross but headed wide inside the box.

Only the crossbar denied Rangers a third goal six minutes before the break. Morrison stepped up 25 yards out, crashing an effort back off the crossbar.

And moments later the scores were level once more. A free-kick from the left saw Kennedy glance home his and Charlton’s second goal of the game.

The visitors enjoyed the better of things after the re-start, although chances were at something of a premium.

Dieng reacted well to deny Dan Bowry from point-blank range following a corner, while Grego-Cox fired just over on the hour-mark.

Dieng came to the R’s rescue again to keep out Kennedy after he’d pounced on a misplaced pass, while substitute Daniel Rowe curled a free-kick just over for the hosts as both sides looked for a decisive fifth goal.

Charlton almost found it in the final five minutes, but Taylor Maloney could only shoot straight at Dieng when well-placed in the box as honours ended even.

QPR: Dieng, Barzey (Springer-Downes 58), Williams (Rowe 65), Wallen, Arthur, Paul, Crichlow, Morrison, Grego-Cox (Clarke 74), Eze, Petrasso.

Sub (not used): Herdman.

Goals: Grego-Cox 5, 18.