icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Leeds United U23s vs QPR U23s at Guiseley FC


  • 1 Leeds United U23s

    • Ryan Edmondson
  • 1 QPR U23s

    • Themis Kefalas


  • Professional Development League Two South logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups


Paul Brown

A 94th minute equaliser from Themis Kefalas earned QPR Under-23s a 1-1 draw at Leeds United on Monday night.

Ryan Edmondson’s second-half header for Leeds United had looked to have handed the hosts all three points until four minutes into stoppage time Kefalas crashed home an equaliser with the final kick of the game.

It was Rangers who registered the first chance of the evening when after 13 minutes, Charlie Owens well struck free-kick forced a save from Leeds keeper Will Huffer after Deshane Dalling was fouled 25-yards from goal.

Leeds struck back 10 minutes later, Jordan Stevens letting fly just inside the R’s penalty box but Polish stopper Marcin Brzozowski was equal to the strike as he pushed it around the post.

The hosts threatened again shortly after when Jack Clarke got in behind the R’s backline but blasted over the QPR crossbar from 14-yards before Ody Alfa then warmed the keepers' hands from 20-yards.

United then very nearly forced an opener. Clarke found the unmarked Pascal Struijk six-yards from goal but he somehow managed to guide his header over the bar with 32 minutes on the clock.

Leeds continued to push forward and had it not been for an excellent stop from Brzozowski they would have gone in a goal the good. Stevens was again the architect, pulling the ball back from the byline to find Ryan Edmondson, but Brzozowski did superbly to get down low to his left and prevent Leeds’ number nine.

Rangers themselves were also unfortunate to not score three minutes before half-time. Dalling, who turned in an excellent performance in the Under-23s 3-3 draw with Nottingham Forest seven days ago, found Oteh unmarked with a left-wing cross but the R’s striker got over the ball too much and his header bounced down and into the hands of Huffer as the first half drew to a close.

Brzozowski was called into action following the restart as he tipped Stevens shot from a tight angle around the post before his opposite number denied Amrit Bansal-McNulty at the other end.

However, Leeds’ pressure finally told when on the 58th minute Ryan Edmondson broke the deadlock. Clarke did well down the right, with his shot was blocked, but unfortunately, Edmondson was on hand to head home.

Dalling responded for QPR soon after before three quickfire chances for Clarke, Edmondson and Sam Dalby all missed the target as the young R’s side survived.

10 minutes from time Leeds should have wrapped up the win when substitute Bobby Kamwa intercepted a pass before playing Stevens through on goal but Brzozowski did enough as he blazed over the bar.

QPR afforded their hosts another opportunity three minutes from time when Kamwa teed up goalscorer Edmundson but he was unable to repeat the feat.

However, there was to be late drama as in the fourth minute of stoppage time Rangers grabbed a late equaliser. After winning a corner second half substitute Themis Kefalas smashed home a leveller to earn the R's a point on the road.

QPR U23s: Brzozowski, Felix, Genovesi, Owens (Mesias 46), Bassong (Kefalas 55), Fox, Alfa, Bansal-McNulty, Oteh (Remy 46), Cardoso, Dalling.

Subs not used: Bowman.

Goal: Kefalas 94.