icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

QPR U23s vs Sheffield Wednesday U23s at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium


  • 2 QPR U23s

    • Nathan Carlyle
    • Aaron Drewe
  • 2 Sheffield Wednesday U23s


  • Professional Development League Two South logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups



QPR Under-23s came from a goal down to draw 2-2 with Sheffield Wednesday at Kiyan Prince Stadium on Friday afternoon.

In what was an end-to-end game, Paul Hall’s side created the first opportunity with striker Lewis Walker going close but his effort was blocked by Sheffield Wednesday’s defence.

Wednesday were next to go close but Fraser Preston’s shot was deflected off Joe Gubbins’ back and off target.

With a quarter of an hour gone R’s, keeper Tyla Dickinson was forced into action for the first time when he was on hand to deny what would’ve been an unfortunate Kai Woollard-Innocent own goal.

In the 33rd minute, the visitors had the chance to take the lead when Liam Waldock was tripped in the R’s box. Captain Alex Hunt stepped up, coolly converting to put The Owls ahead in W12.

Moments later, Rangers midfielder Amrit Bansal-McNulty thought he had won a penalty himself when he was tripped, only for the linesman’s flag to be up for offside.

On the stroke of half-time, Gubbins had a chance to draw the R’s level but his edge-of-the-box free-kick flew past the post.

Following the half time break, Hall got the response that he would’ve demanded from his side. First of all, Deshane Dalling picked out Walker but he headed wide. Ten minutes into the second period, the R’s were level when defender Nathan Carlyle pounced on a loose ball from a corner and smashed home.

Dickinson had to produce a point blank save at the other end to deny Preslav Borukov and moments later Wednesday’s Preston should’ve put the away side ahead but his effort at the far post was inches away.

QPR took the lead on the hour mark when Aaron Drewe was eventually able to head home, following a scramble in the visitors’ box.

The initiative then switched the way of Wednesday, after an injury to Rangers defender Gubbins. Waldock slotted home from a tight angle to level the scores at 2-2. With a considerable amount of injury time looming, both sides pushed for the allusive winner and in the 10th minute of stoppage time, Carlyle headed over the bar with what was the R’s best chance to grab all three points.

QPR U23s: Dickinson, Drewe, Woollard-Innocent (Domi 81), Bettache (Remy 76), Carlyle, Gubbins (Wells 76), Alfa, Duncan, Walker, Bansal-McNulty, Dalling.

Subs (not used): Middlehurst.