icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News

Charlton Athletic U23s vs QPR U23s at Charlton Athletic Training Ground


  • 3 Charlton Athletic U23s

  • 0 QPR U23s


  • Professional Development League Two South logo

Key Moments

Hide Line-ups



QPR U23s’ first league fixture of 2020/21 ended in defeat at Charlton Athletic on Tuesday afternoon.

Despite dominating possession for large periods of the match, Paul Hall’s squad were unable to find the net over the course of the 90 minutes.

The Addicks, meanwhile, scored through Josh Davison’s double and Charles Clayden’s goal to take all three points.

Rangers stopper Tyla Dickinson was forced into an early save when he had to tip a low Trialist shot to safety.

Charley Kendall then went close for the R’s when he dragged a 10th-minute effort wide, following a great run from Ody Alfa, and the latter then fired a strike into the side netting.

Charlton took the lead on 23 minutes when Josh Davison steered a low cross home.

The goal came against the run of play and Rangers came close to grabbing an equaliser 30 seconds after half time. Captain Mide Shodipo sent a shot towards the bottom corner that home goalkeeper Nathan Harness tipped away and, 10 minutes later, Shodipo was thwarted again by another impressive Harness save.

It looked as if Rangers would get themselves back into the game but two quick-fire goals, on 59 and 67 minutes from Davison and Charles Clayden, put the Addicks in control.

R’s stopper Dickinson made a fine save from Ben Dempsey’s powerful strike to keep out a fourth goal and, at the other end, Stephen Duke-McKenna was unable to curl the ball home after Addicks goalkeeper Harness had committed himself by coming off his line.

Rangers were awarded a penalty in stoppage time when Duke-McKenna was felled by Addicks defender Lucas Ness. Duke-McKenna picked himself up and saw his strike well saved by Harness and the full-time whistle was then, surprisingly, blown a split second before he netted the rebound.

QPR U23s: Dickinson, Drewe (Kefalas 48), Carlyle, Gubbins, Domi, Remy, Duke-McKenna, Frailing, Shodipo (Aoraha 77), Alfa (Mahorn 87), Kendall.

Subs (not used): Cooper.