icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop goal-black icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow instagram icon-2018 twitter icon-2018 youtube icon-2018

Breaking News


QPR went down to a 1-0 defeat in their second fixture of the pre-season campaign at Peterborough United.

Emile Sinclair’s 86th-minute strike set up the Posh win after good fortune allowed the forward to finish from close range.

Substitute Ale Faurlin twice went close for Rangers in the second half but was unable to find a way past goalkeeper Joe Day.

Rangers fashioned the first opportunity of the contest after less than five minutes. Armand Traore controlled wonderfully well from a Rob Green goal kick before driving into the opposing half and firing straight at Bobby Olejnik.

But Peterborough soon had a chance of their own. Grant McCann warmed the hands of Rob Green with a free-kick, following Clint Hill’s foul on the edge of the box.

Green was called into action again come the quarter-hour mark.  Traore’s misplaced pass allowed Nathaniel Mendez-Laing to get a shot away, but the midfielder could only drive low into the arms of the ‘keeper.

The home side had the majority of chances in the opening period. Posh skipper Tommy Rowe headed straight at Green from a corner, while McCann’s left-footed blast from distance crashed into the side-netting.

McCann almost scored direct from a corner too, with Green having to scramble to tip a teasing centre over.

Rangers created little and played the final few minutes of the opening period with 10 men, after Stephane Mbia went down without challenge.

The visitors made two changes at the break, with Mbia and Traore making way for Faurlin and Yun Suk-Young.

Peterborough started the second half with intent and Danny Simpson had to be alert to cut out what would have been a routine finish for Tyrone Barnett from six yards.

Bobby Zamora had Rangers’ first two chances of the half but was denied both times by ‘keeper Day.

Faurlin, however, would go closer when his 25-yard free-kick forced a smart stop from Day.

Good passing play from the R’s led to arguably their best chance yet when Faurlin eventually crossed for Zamora, who guided a header off target.

At the other end, Jack Payne forced Green into what turned out to be a comfortable save following a long-range blast.

The home side struck the decisive goal with only four minutes left to play.

Joe Newell’s shot deflected off Onuoha and over the despairing hand of Green, before Sinclair stole in to bundle the ball over the line.

Faurlin went close at the death but his long-range effort was well saved by Day.

QPR: Green, Simpson (Young), Traore (Suk-Young), Hill (Ferdinand), Park (Hoilett), Johnson (Mackie), Wright-Phillips (Derry), Onuoha, Jenas (Granero), Mbia (Faurlin), Zamora.

Subs not used: Murphy.

Goals: Peterborough - Sinclair (86)

Referee: Mr D Deadman