ISSUE 01 of 'Hoops' – QPR’s official matchday programme – is a special edition to kick things off for 2017/18, with the club set to pay tribute to arguably our greatest-ever player.
Tomorrow's (Saturday) pre-season friendly against Premier League AFC Bournemouth (kick-off 3pm) is doubling up as a benefit match in order to raise vital funds for the legendary Stan Bowles, who is unfortunately suffering with Alzheimer’s disease.
We’ve tributes aplenty for Rangers’ much-loved former number 10, in a 52-page commemorative issue of Hoops – priced £3.
The multi-award-winning publication has been speaking to fans, journalists and ex-team-mates alike for their own personal ‘Stan Stories’, including …
- Martin Tyler (Sky Sports commentator)
- Dave Thomas (team-mate, QPR)
- Don Masson (team-mate, QPR)
- John Gorman (team-mate, Carlisle and ex-QPR assistant manager)
- Mike Summerbee (team-mate, Manchester City)
- Chris Kamara (team-mate, Brentford)
- John McGovern (team-mate, Nottingham Forest)
- Robert Elms (broadcaster, BBC London & QPR fan)
- Rob Draper (chief football writer, The Mail On Sunday & QPR fan)
You can read their thoughts, as well as much more Stan-related content, in our special edition – which also includes a double-sided, A2 poster inside.
There’s a giant ‘Stan the Man’ portrait on one side, as well as our new-season Sky Bet Championship fixtures on the other.
Copies of this Stan special will be available to purchase around Loftus Road tomorrow, while you can also pre-order HERE.
From every copy sold, Programme Master – the club’s matchday programme partner – will be donating 50p to help Stan in his fight against Alzheimer’s.