MIDFIELDER Luke Freeman has been named as QPR’s Sportito Supporters’ Player of the Year for the 2018/19 season.
The accolade is one of four awards that Freeman has won as part of the end-of-season vote, with the 27-year-old also being named as the Ray Jones Players’ Player of the Year and the Junior Hoops Player of the Year.
Freeman has provided six assists for his teammates this season, bagging eight goals himself, and his strike against Aston Villa on New Year’s Day has been voted as Rangers’ Kiyan Prince Goal of the Year.
In the Players’ Player vote, Freeman saw off competition from second-placed Joe Lumley and third-placed Mass Luongo. Lumley also finished second in the supporters’ vote, with Toni Leistner coming third.
Elsewhere, youngster Bright Osayi-Samuel has won the Daphne Biggs Supporters’ Young Player of the Year award. Osayi-Samuel has played 32 matches this season, scoring three goals.
And finally, R’s fan Robert Hanafan has been named as the club’s Supporter of the Year for 2018/19.
The recipients will be presented with their awards prior to kick-off against Nottingham Forest at Loftus Road on Saturday.
Roll of Honour
- Sportito Supporters’ Player of the Year – Luke Freeman
- Ray Jones Players’ Player of the Year – Luke Freeman
- Daphne Biggs Supporters’ Young Player of the Year – Bright Osayi-Samuel
- Junior Hoops Player of the Year – Luke Freeman
- Kiyan Prince Goal of the Year – Luke Freeman (v Aston Villa)
- Supporter of the Year – Robert Hanafan