POPPY shirts worn by the QPR players in our win over Brentford are going under the hammer as part of the Sky Bet Poppy Auction.
You can check them out and place your bid HERE.
The auction of signed memorabilia from across the EFL’s 72 member clubs is raising money for The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal.
Twenty QPR shirts from the Sky Bet Championship fixture on 10th December are being auctioned on the CharityStars website.
The game ended 3-2 to the R’s courtesy of goals from Massimo Luongo, Joel Lynch and Nahki Wells.
Sky Bet’s relationship with the British Legion now spans five seasons, with over £350,000 raised, thanks to the help of fans and clubs throughout the EFL.
The Royal British Legion’s Ben France said: “As the Centenary of the First World War comes to a close, The Royal British Legion is asking the nation to say Thank You to the First World War generation, who served, sacrificed and changed our world forever.
“That’s not just the British Armed Forces, but those who fought alongside from all corners of the world, and the men, women and children who played their part and suffered hardships at home.
“With the auction of the 2018 poppy shirts, we’re hugely grateful for the continuing support of our partners Sky Bet and the clubs of the English Football League. Through the incredible generosity of the fans, we will ensure today’s Armed Forces and their families receive the support they need, and their unique contribution is never forgotten.”
The auction, which has currently raised £41,000 for the British Legion, remains ongoing with signed, match-worn Poppy shirts from clubs throughout the EFL available in the coming weeks.
The match-worn shirts auctioned will come from the following fixtures:
- 27/10 – Preston North End vs Rotherham United
- 3/11 – Brentford vs Millwall
- 3/11 – Rotherham. United vs Swansea City - £3561 raised
- 4/11 – Wigan Athletic vs Leeds United - £1922 raised
- 9/11 – Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday - £5943 raised
- 10/11 – Blackburn Rovers v Rotherham United - £4287 raised
- 10/11 – Derby County v Aston Villa
- 10/11 – Norwich City vs Millwall
- 10/11 – Stoke City v Middlesbrough & Middlesbrough v Wigan Athletic - £9696 raised
- 10/11 – Queens Park Rangers vs Brentford
- 10/11 – Reading vs Ipswich Town
- 10/11 – West Bromwich Albion vs Leeds United - £5960 raised
- 10/11 – Birmingham City v Hull City
To place a bid on one of the shirts in the Sky Bet Poppy Auction, click HERE.