QPR in the Community Trust are bidding for a cash boost from the Tesco Community Grants initiative.
Tesco works with community charity Groundwork to run its community funding scheme, which sees grants of up to £1,500, £1,000 and £500 awarded to local community projects.
Three groups in every community have been shortlisted to receive the cash award and shoppers are being invited to head along to Tesco stores to vote for who they think should take away the top grant.
Tesco’s Community Grant fund will be supporting our Cook and Eat Project which encourages local families to get cooking & be active together with our 3-hour sessions which run every other Saturday in the west London area.
Voting is open in all Tesco stores in July, August and September and customers will cast their vote using a token given to them at the check-out each time they shop.
Tesco’s Community Grants scheme has already awarded over £96 million to more than 46,000 projects across Britain. Tesco customers get the chance to vote for three different groups every time they shop. Every three months, when votes are collected, three groups in each of Tesco’s regions will be awarded funding.
Claire De Silva, Head of Community at Tesco, said: “Tesco Community Grants help support local good causes but especially those projects supporting young people, those providing food, and local causes close to our colleagues’ hearts.”
Groundwork’s National Chief Executive, Graham Duxbury, said: “Tesco Community Grants continues to give local projects the boost they need to help their communities thrive.
“By funding services which support young people and reduce food poverty, we hope to facilitate positive change from the ground up across the UK.
“We are pleased to have been able to help so many local good causes over the years and look forward to seeing what community organisations can achieve in the future with the right resources.”
Funding is available to community groups and charities looking to fund local projects that bring benefits to communities, particularly those helping to provide food and giving children the support they need for a good start in life. Anyone can nominate a project and organisations can apply online.
To find out more visit www.tesco.com/communitygrants.
If you head into any of the below participating Tesco stores you can help support QPR in the Community Trust by making a purchase within store of any value.
You will receive one token per transaction and it's not necessary to purchase a carrier bag in order to receive a token.
- Fulham Express SW6 2EL Express
- Hammersmith W6 9YD Express
- Hammersmith W6 7NL Superstore
- Fulham Road Express SW6 5SA Express
- Fulham Palace Rd Express SW6 6TD Express
- 49 Goldhawk Road Express W12 8QP Express
- King St Hammersmith Express W6 9NH Express
- White City Express W12 7TQ Express
- London Fulham Reach Express W6 9LH Express
- North End Rd Wken Express W14 9PP Express
- Olympia Hammersmith Express W14 8UZ Express
- Shepherds Bush Express W12 8LH Express
- Fulham Munster Rd Express SW6 6BW Express
- Askew Rd Shepherds Bush Express W12 9AS Express
- Fulham Sherbrke Rd Express SW6 7HX Express
- Fulham Imp Wharf Express SW6 2TW Express
- 168 Fulham Pal Rd Express W6 9PA Express