ARE you passionate about community sport and a career in the football industry? If so, come and study with the Super Hoops!
Gain a university level qualification whilst studying at QPR in the Community Trust
Develop the necessary skills and qualities that are required to work within professional football club community departments or national governing bodies
A unique opportunity to learn and develop within a professional sports environment
Students will be enrolled as a student at the University of South Wales and have access to the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials
Range of coaching opportunities with the Community Trust and Academy staff
Lectures, seminars and tutorials delivered at Loftus Road Stadium via online material
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The two-year course will teach you aspects of football coaching and sports development
- Modules include: Principles of coaching, Community sport in practice, Community sports development
- FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football
- Experience of a range of football, sports, education and social inclusion programmes
- Volunteering at match days and events
We will consider applications on an individual basis, however, typically you will need:
- Minimum DD at A-Level (with at least one A Level in Science, Maths, PE) or BTEC Merit Merit in a relevant subject.
- FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football (desirable)
- Three A*-C’s at GCSE, including English and maths
- Top up to a full BSc (Hons) degree in Sports Coaching or Sports Development
- Coaching opportunities in America (during summer break)
- Job opportunities at QPR in the Community Trust or QPR FC
- Tuition fees £8,000 per academic year (covered by student finance)
- £180 approximately for sports kit
For further information or to express your interest please contact Jesse Foyle, Education Manager at QPR in the Community Trust, by emailing [email protected] or calling Jesse on 020 8740 2529 / 07557 435668.