ROB Dickie has been named as QPR’s Sportito Supporters’ Player of the Year for the 2020/21 campaign, pipping Seny Dieng to the top gong.
Following an extremely impressive first year at Championship level, the 25-year-old has scooped three separate awards following the end-of-season vote.
Dickie shares the Ray Jones Players’ Player of the Year award with the also-outstanding Dieng, while fans deemed that Rob’s blockbuster attempt at Middlesbrough in April was worthy of the Kiyan Prince Goal of the Season accolade, too.
Elsewhere, Ilias Chair has also picked up two personal awards as both the Daphne Biggs Young Player of the Year and Junior Hoops Player of the Year for 2020/21.
Finally, in what has been a season like no other, there are two very worthy recipients of our Supporter of the Year award.
James Doe has long been an advocate of QPR in the Community Trust. This year, he led the QPR Race Europe team and ran a marathon the night before the event ended to gain top spot and raise vital funds for the Trust. James also virtually covered the distance of all 92 English league clubs, again raising money for our charitable arm.
James shares the award with the admirably-brave Luke Webber. Young Luke has been undergoing treatment for a brain tumour in the last 12 months but has shown incredible courage in the face of adversity and plenty of continued support for his favourite team, too.
Many congratulations to all our winners.
Roll of Honour
- Sportito Supporters’ Player of the Year – Rob Dickie (40% of vote) | Runner-up: Seny Dieng (35%)
- Ray Jones Players’ Player(s) of the Year – Rob Dickie & Seny Dieng
- Daphne Biggs Supporters’ Young Player of the Year – Ilias Chair (60%) | Runner-up: Chris Willock (36%)
- Junior Hoops Player of the Year – Ilias Chair | Runner-up: Rob Dickie
- Kiyan Prince Goal of the Season – Rob Dickie v Middlesbrough A (46%) | Runner-up: Dom Ball v Cardiff City H (36%)
- Supporter(s) of the Year – James Doe & Luke Webber